KDE 3beta2 : localized fonts in kwrite, etc

KDE 3beta2 : localized fonts in kwrite, etc

Post by Yevgen Voronen » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:59:41

Hi!

I noticed that in KDE3beta2 in control center/looknfeel/fonts
individual font selections character encoding was removed. I used to
select koi8-r instead of default iso-8859-1 to render all russian
fonts correctly.

I presume it should be done automatically now, yet it doesn't work.
For instance, kwrite when opening a simple russian text document,
presents me with latin characters from iso-8859-1.

The above problem could be fixed in kde2.2.2 by
kwrite/setting/configure editor/fonts and chosing the correct
encoding. Encoding choice is gone from kwrite in kde3.

This probably apllies to all languages..
Help?

Yevgen.

1. KWrite and Fonts: Screen doesn't match printer?

Hello all.

Recnetly I tried doing some work in KWrite.  However, when I went to print
my files, the fonts that I had selected on the screen didn't show up when
I printed.

I'm thinking there is something wrong with my font settings for whatever
method KWrite uses to print.  Can someone shed some light on this?

Is there a FAQ for such things?  (Standard KDE FAQ didn't have anything).

Tks,
patrick

2. problem with ErrorLog directive

3. kwrite (advanced editor): no font sizing??

4. XWindows removal

5. how to change the font size in kwrite and embeding text editor of kfm

6. problem with syslogd

7. Specifying font color on kwrite

8. TELES 16.3 PnP support?

9. xwpe and kde 1.1 and "apply fonts, colors, etc."

10. is there anybody who have RUSSIAN supposrt (fonts and e.t.c.) in X + KDE ????

11. How do I get localised language un FBSD+KDE?

12. Kwrite - (KDE) Advanced Editor under RH7.1

13. KDE KWrite Print Preview on RH 9