Console in konqueror

Post by F.P.L » Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:52:02

Hi,

I've got the following problem with the 'console' you can switch on and off
in konqueror (which displays in the same window and from which you can
shell-operate in the directory currently displayed): the characters don't
display properly, they overlap, if I type in some text and C-u to clear it,
the cursor comes back to the start but the text remains, etc... the
troubles are akin of that when one use a proportionnal font in a xterm so
it might be the problem. Is it? And how to fix it?

While we are at it, where can I say that C-t opens konsole and not a mere
xterm.

Thanks.

F.P.L.

Console in konqueror

Post by F.P.L » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:28:32

Hi,

When I switch on the console *in* konqueror (displayed in the same window)
to operate in the current dir, I have no proper display of fonts: they
overlap, don't refresh properly, as if they were not proportional. What's
wrong? How to configure that?

Also, how to tell that C-t should lunch Konsole and not a mere xterm?

Thanks

Console in konqueror

Post by Stephan Binne » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 00:14:46

> When I switch on the console *in* konqueror (displayed in the same window)
> to operate in the current dir, I have no proper display of fonts: they
> overlap, don't refresh properly, as if they were not proportional. What's
> wrong? How to configure that?

Which KDE version? If KDE3, try to right click and choose another font.

Quote:> Also, how to tell that C-t should lunch Konsole and not a mere xterm?

In the Konsole Control Center module activate "[ ] Use Konsole as terminal".

Bye,
   Steve

Console in konqueror

Post by F.P.L » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:57:32

>> When I switch on the console *in* konqueror (displayed in the same
>> window) to operate in the current dir, I have no proper display of fonts:
>> they overlap, don't refresh properly, as if they were not proportional.
>> What's wrong? How to configure that?

> Which KDE version? If KDE3, try to right click and choose another font.

No, KDE2.2.2