Where can I download KDE-3.0 for SuSE-7.3

Where can I download KDE-3.0 for SuSE-7.3

Post by Zsolt Koppan » Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:15:27



Hi,

I have downloaded kde-3.0 from ftp.kde.org for SuSE-7.3 but when I try to install I get
dependency and conflict problems.
Where can I download kde-3.0 from SuSE for SuSE-7.3?

--
Zsolt

 
 
 

Where can I download KDE-3.0 for SuSE-7.3

Post by Sagdalo » Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:26:37



> Hi,

> I have downloaded kde-3.0 from ftp.kde.org for SuSE-7.3 but when I try to
> install I get dependency and conflict problems.
> Where can I download kde-3.0 from SuSE for SuSE-7.3?

One place:
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0/SuSE/i386/7.3/
And there are absolutely NO dependency problems (unless you have uninstalled
packages you shouldn't have).

--
Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.
-Nietzsche

 
 
 

Where can I download KDE-3.0 for SuSE-7.3

Post by Zsolt Koppan » Tue, 09 Apr 2002 18:39:36


Hmm... Can it be the problem that I tried to upgrade (I have kde-2.2.2 on my computer.)?
How can I just install kde-3.0 that I can use kde-2.2.2 parallel?

Zsolt



>> Hi,

>> I have downloaded kde-3.0 from ftp.kde.org for SuSE-7.3 but when I try to
>> install I get dependency and conflict problems.
>> Where can I download kde-3.0 from SuSE for SuSE-7.3?

> One place:
> ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0/SuSE/i386/7.3/
> And there are absolutely NO dependency problems (unless you have uninstalled
> packages you shouldn't have).

--
Zsolt
 
 
 

Where can I download KDE-3.0 for SuSE-7.3

Post by Sagdalo » Tue, 09 Apr 2002 21:33:18



> Hmm... Can it be the problem that I tried to upgrade (I have kde-2.2.2 on
> my computer.)? How can I just install kde-3.0 that I can use kde-2.2.2
> parallel?

3.0 is 'meant' to be installed alongside 2.x.x, that's why all the 3.0 rpms
are named differently, ie kdebase3.rpm, instead of kdebase.rpm etc. Same
with qt3. Just leave 2.x.x installed and install 3.0. Upgrade those rpms
that conflict with 2.x.x: libxml and libxslt. Both 2.x.x and 3.0 will work
beautifully, although you will never use 2.x.x again.

--
Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.
-Nietzsche

 
 
 

Where can I download KDE-3.0 for SuSE-7.3

Post by Kevin Milbur » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 03:40:57



> Hmm... Can it be the problem that I tried to upgrade (I have kde-2.2.2 on
> my computer.)? How can I just install kde-3.0 that I can use kde-2.2.2
> parallel?

I've done the same thing, I had a problem with a couple of the packages..
Just do a "nodeps"on the offending packages and everything then install
properly..

The only problems I've encountered is getting KDM from KDE3 to work properly  
(it seems to ignore all settings), so i've gone back to KDE2's version.  
The only other problem come from the QTDIR, KDEDIR and PATH!! making sure
they are set to the right version...

Kev

 
 
 

Where can I download KDE-3.0 for SuSE-7.3

Post by Olav Pettershage » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 04:04:20



> The only problems I've encountered is getting KDM from KDE3 to work
> properly (it seems to ignore all settings), so i've gone back to KDE2's
> version.

Same problem here. Du you happen to run SuSE 7.3 also, or is this a general
KDE3 problem? It seems a little awkward that KDE3 seems to depend on an
existing KDE2.x installation for kdm to work. I have been groping around in
loads of config files and I'm starting to believe that installing KDE2.x is
my only option if I want kdm. And in that case, would kdelibs and kdebase
be enough (I have qt 2.3.1 installed).

Olav