add context menu item

Post by Tony Wrigh » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:08:04

Does any one know how (or where there is a tutorial) to add an item to a
context sensitive menu in KDE?

I was hoping to be able to add a "add to rar" item to the file right click
menu.

thanks

Tony

add context menu item

Post by Mark Drahei » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:39:36

> Does any one know how (or where there is a tutorial) to add an item to a
> context sensitive menu in KDE?

> I was hoping to be able to add a "add to rar" item to the file right click
> menu.

this is how I did it on Mandrake

/usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/scalepics.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
ServiceTypes=image/jpeg,image/png,image/gif,image/x-bmp
Actions=scalepic75

[Desktop Action scalepic75]
Name=Scale Pic 75%
Icon=background
Exec=scalepics %u

that should get you started. This calls a script (because I do several
things here) but you could pass the command line in the exec statement.

Also, this is global stuff. I guess it should work on a user level if you
create the desktop file somewhere in your ~/.kde (don't ask me, my files
are from selfmade rpms)

Here's another one:

/usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/container.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
ServiceTypes=allfiles
Actions=encrypt

[Desktop Action encrypt]
Name=Container
Icon=mathematica
Exec=container %u

again this calls a script but this time the entry will show up for all files
and not just images.

hth

Mark

--
RLU#81547
* Midnight Commander

add context menu item

Post by Tony Wrigh » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 05:53:07

thanks, it works a treat.

tony

1. Adding menu items

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to add items to fvwm2's
menu. I tried using wmconfig and i didn't get enough information out of
the man for it. If someone can show me an example or give me an
explanation I would appreciate it.

Adam Peaslee - newbie

2. Where to find Smalltalk

3. adding items to the k-menu

4. RS/6000 Compatible Disk Drives

5. How To Add XFree86 Menu Items?

6. Bad blocks on HD and Linux barfs

7. How to add X menu items

8. LocalTalk printer? (HP laserjet 4MP)

9. adding items to menu under solaris 2.3 OW 3.3

10. adding menu items in Blackbox.

11. (Q) Adding an item to the K menu

12. adding items to menu under solaris 2.3 OW 3.3

13. Add an Item in Menu