Starting KDE Applications without KDE as WIndowmananger

Starting KDE Applications without KDE as WIndowmananger

Post by Bernd Sta » Sat, 26 May 2001 20:41:22

I must doing something wrong, I guess. Trying to use cervisia, a
KDE application simplifying the use of CVS, _without_ starting
KDE, brings up an error message when opening a Filebox (eg.
"open sandbox"): "Can't talk to klauncher" and the Filebox is
empty.

If I initialze KDE with "LD_BIND_NOW=true kdeinit +kcminit"
everything goes smooth, but it's consuming an amount of memory,
which is not acceptable (IMHO).

My question: How to start a KDE application at best without
starting the KDE windowmananger (I'm using icewm)?

Thanks in advance

Bernd