KWord: page 1 in footer shows page 1 on all pages

KWord: page 1 in footer shows page 1 on all pages

Post by rove » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 22:25:20

KWord 1.1.1, KDE 3.0.3, MDK 8.2

When I create a footer and insert>variable>page number, I get page 1 on the
first page of my doc. Subsequent pages also show "1" for the page number,
and I can't click inside the footer on any page after page 1 to manually
change that.

Why?

I hope there's a solution: I hate Star/Open Office; I like AbiWord but can't
use it in KDE (as its Gtk menus are unreadable under my Qt color scheme)

Thanks!

Post by Niek van den Ber » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 02:25:16

> KWord 1.1.1, KDE 3.0.3, MDK 8.2

> When I create a footer and insert>variable>page number, I get page 1 on
> the first page of my doc. Subsequent pages also show "1" for the page
> number, and I can't click inside the footer on any page after page 1 to
> manually change that.

> Why?

> I hope there's a solution: I hate Star/Open Office; I like AbiWord but
> can't use it in KDE (as its Gtk menus are unreadable under my Qt color
> scheme)

> Thanks!

Problem was gne when I installed Kword 1.2

Regards,

Niek.

1. More page outs than page ins?

Hi,

Would anyone be kind enough to explain to me why systems usually have
more page-outs than page-ins? It has got me stumped for quite some
time. I would think that if 100mb is paged out from memory to disk,
then similarly 100mb should be paged-in back from disk to physical
memory?

Or is my understand of paging-in and paging-out wrong? i.e Page-outs
occur when a page is pushed from main memory to the paging space due
to a variety of reasons (lack of physical memory being one of them)
while page-ins' occur when there is free physical memory and these
pages are pushed back from disk back to the physical memory.

TIA!

2. Sources and objects in different directories

3. Q: Info about paging (count of page-in/page-out)?

4. generic bouncing keyboard fix?

5. how change a page size for man' output and how insert FF after every pages

6. Parameters needed for Digital PCXBV-FZ monitor

7. Page Up Page Down issues

8. WANTED reviewers for Linux programming book

9. Fix: Init page count for all pages during higher order allocs

10. large page patch (fwd) (fwd) ==>hugetlb page patch

11. separate page base and file page offset in NFS client

12. Enabling Page-Up, Page-Down, Copy, Paste keys

13. Printing a pdf file duplex and 4 pages per page to a postscript printer