Problems loggingout with kde2 & compaq tru64 machine

Problems loggingout with kde2 & compaq tru64 machine

Post by Si » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 22:38:16

Every now and then, when I log on (or off) the compaq tru64 machine, I get
the following message (repeated ad infinitum with different numbers). This
is fixed by manually terminating a process (not sure which one) by the
administrator. Aparrently something to do with kde2 not terminating
processes properly at logoff... any ideas how to fix this?

message:

task_create() failed for pid nnnnn : max_proc_per_user (=64) exceeded for
uid nnnnn

(where nnnnn are numbers obviously)

Problems loggingout with kde2 & compaq tru64 machine

Post by Jerry Gluc » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 19:34:17

It's hard to tell without knowing what the process is, and who is its owner.

Ask your sysadmin to up your max_proc_per_user to 96 and see if that helps.

It looks like something is trying to create a process to handle your
shutdown, but you've reached the process limit for your account and can't
create it.

HTH,

-Jerry