Kppp missing after KDE installation

Post by robert armstron » Sun, 26 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I installed KDE2 from kde.org source tars in a Redhat 6.2 partition that was
new.  KDE runs, and Netscape is there and runs, but there is no kppp to
connect to the Internet.  In the older KDE1 partition there seem to be 8-10
files named kppp or kdelink, so that I feel my chance of moving them over
correctly into what are different directories is very poor.  The KDE tars
list does not give one for kppp.  How did everyone else get kppp?

Post by steve harri » Sun, 26 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> I installed KDE2 from kde.org source tars in a Redhat 6.2 partition that was
> new.  KDE runs, and Netscape is there and runs, but there is no kppp to
> connect to the Internet.  In the older KDE1 partition there seem to be 8-10
> files named kppp or kdelink, so that I feel my chance of moving them over
> correctly into what are different directories is very poor.  The KDE tars
> list does not give one for kppp.  How did everyone else get kppp?

Robert,

my kppp is still there, it is just renamed on the menu.

K --> Internet --> Internet Dialer

Mine is still under /usr/sbin/kppp

the kppp is contained in the kde-network-ppp package
there is a kde-network and a kde-network-ppp packages in KDE2

steve

Kppp missing after KDE installation

Post by billbennet » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 09:59:28

I didn't know it had been renamed, but I got around the problem by opening the
console and typing kppp.

Works fine.

> > I installed KDE2 from kde.org source tars in a Redhat 6.2 partition that was
> > new.  KDE runs, and Netscape is there and runs, but there is no kppp to
> > connect to the Internet.  In the older KDE1 partition there seem to be 8-10
> > files named kppp or kdelink, so that I feel my chance of moving them over
> > correctly into what are different directories is very poor.  The KDE tars
> > list does not give one for kppp.  How did everyone else get kppp?

> Robert,

> my kppp is still there, it is just renamed on the menu.

> K --> Internet --> Internet Dialer

> Mine is still under /usr/sbin/kppp

> the kppp is contained in the kde-network-ppp package
> there is a kde-network and a kde-network-ppp packages in KDE2

> steve

1. Kppp broken after upgrading from KDE 3.0.1 to KDE 3.0.2

Hi,

I upgraded KDE 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 via SuSE's Yast online update and now I can't
use Kppp. First I received a message that /etc/ppp/peers/kppp doesn't
exist or can't be opened. I created an empty kppp file in the above
directory but still no luck. Obviously something went wrong during the
upgrade. Any idea how to fix this? BTW, I am running SuSE 8.0.

Thanks,
Alex

2. PROBLEM: building modules for 2.5.38 from source under 2.4.19 on x86 P4

3. KDE 2.0.1 on RH7: missing kde-config ?

4. Slackware 2.2.0: group id ? login/tar/...

5. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

6. SCSI bus hangs at boot, NCR53C810 and Inte

7. callback, ppp, and morning-afters

8. How can I avoid my process being killed while using as much memory as I can.

9. installation of KDE 1.1.2 over KDE 1.1.1

10. Unable to install kppp - missing files

11. kppp can't start.. ppp missing

12. The kppp "missing ppp support" bug

13. KDE 2.0 and kppp