CD-RW support specifically with NEC NR 7700A CD-RW drive

CD-RW support specifically with NEC NR 7700A CD-RW drive

Post by Wayne G. Dengel, Sr » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:27:14

To the Group:

Where might I find software to drive an NEC model NR7700A CD-RW drive?

Adaptec does not support Linux (as I can find).

Tks!

Wayne

CD-RW support specifically with NEC NR 7700A CD-RW drive

Post by ne.. » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 04:45:48

Quote:>To the Group:

>Where might I find software to drive an NEC model NR7700A CD-RW drive?

Short answer: in the kernel. Longer answer: config your kernel
to do scsi-emulation etc......
[...]

Murray's Rule:
        Any country with "democratic" in the title isn't.
  3:41pm  up 4 days, 20:13, 11 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.01, 0.00

CD-RW support specifically with NEC NR 7700A CD-RW drive

Post by Mike » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:54:03

Quote:

> To the Group:

> Where might I find software to drive an NEC model NR7700A CD-RW drive?

> Adaptec does not support Linux (as I can find).

> Tks!

> Wayne

 Most distributions support it right out of the box. you need Cdrecord
and if you would like a GUI front end something like X-CD-Roast. but it
would help if you made mention of what you are running like redhat 7.1
or...?

CD-RW support specifically with NEC NR 7700A CD-RW drive

Post by Noble Peppe » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 05:41:52

Quote:> To the Group:

> Where might I find software to drive an NEC model NR7700A CD-RW drive?

> Adaptec does not support Linux (as I can find).

> Tks!

> Wayne

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

Make ABSOLUTELY sure you don't skip this step:

When you are mentally prepared, dress up in a black robe, multiply the
SCSI-id of the CD-writer with its SCSI-revision and light as many candles,
speak two verses of the ASR-FAQ (newsgroup alt.sysadmin.recovery) and
finally type:

1. broken 2.2 IDE CD-RW (was Re: plain 2.2.X: no ide CD-RW?)

-

2. General audio/video framework; Any under UNIX/Solaris?

3. SCSI CD-RW: yamaha 4416s: HowTo REWrite CD-RW's?

4. the sound - found!!!

5. ide-scsi cd-rw woes (creative cd-rw blaster)

6. linux software

7. NEC NR-7500A CD-RW 8/4/32

8. Cyclom16Ye How-to install

9. Sony DVD-RW/CD-RW drive problems