Where I can find macromedia flash plug-ins for Konqueror?

Where I can find macromedia flash plug-ins for Konqueror?

Post by Rinat E. Hamid » Wed, 26 Dec 2001 21:26:07

Subj.

KDE 2.2.2
XFree86-4.1.0
FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE

Where I can find macromedia flash plug-ins for Konqueror?

Post by Niklas Hofman » Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:14:08

Hi,

try
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Versio...

and follow the instructions for use :-)

Cheers,

Niklas

PS:
Control Center -> Web Browsing -> Netscape Plugins -> Scan -> Scan for new
plugins

--
http://www.nhofmann.de/

Post by k » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 00:47:32

> Subj.

download from makromedia

unpack the *.class + *.so files to the plugin dir of your browser, _AND_
chmod +rx both files!
(else netscape will hang if you are not using it as root, which is a
quite bad idea)

Where I can find macromedia flash plug-ins for Konqueror?

Post by News » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 08:19:09

Hello.
I read thi post and did what you wrote. It didnt work. Konqueror dont "see" flash plugin. What can i do ?

Post by James Richard Tyre » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:10:01

> Hello.
> I read thi post and did what you wrote. It didnt work. Konqueror dont "see" flash plugin. What can i do ?

Do a: "nspluginscan" either in Konsole or from the widget in Control
Center.

JRT

Where I can find macromedia flash plug-ins for Konqueror?

Post by News » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:45:39

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 01:10:01 GMT

It still doesn't work :-(
"nspluginscan: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory"

Post by Xanad » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 00:27:54

> On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 01:10:01 GMT

> It still doesn't work :-(
> "nspluginscan: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared
> object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory"

See if you have the KDE nsplugins package.  Assuming you're using RedHat
or MDK or something:

rpm -q kdebase-nsplugins

If that doesn't turn up anything, that's the package you need to get.  If
you're using a .dep distro, just doing:

apt-get install kdebase-nsplugins

will steer you right.

Where I can find macromedia flash plug-ins for Konqueror?

It's working now. I've installed lesstif.tgz. This package was missing to run nspluginscan.

Post by James Richard Tyre » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:13:34

> On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 01:10:01 GMT

> It still doesn't work :-(
> "nspluginscan: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory"

execute:

which nspluginscan

JRT

1. Macromedia Flash Player plug-in requires an Intel x86-based Linux

How do we install Netscape plugins in linuxPPC?
Heinz
 Macromedia
 Flash Player 5
 Netscape Plug-in for Linux

 Macromedia is proud to release the Macromedia Flash Player 5 Netscape
plug-in for
 the Linux operating system.

 Supported Distributions
 -----------------------

The Macromedia Flash Player plug-in requires an Intel x86-based Linux
 distribution with ELF binary support. The distribution must
 support the GNU C library (glibc 2.0 or greater). Distributions
 that meet these requirements include:

 - RedHat 5.x, 6.x, 7.0

The plugin should work for more recent distributions as well.

MkLinux for Power Macintosh is not currently supported.

2. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11576

3. Konqueror and annoying macromedia flash download popups

4. Is there OLE ability in Xwindows?

5. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

6. How to get nroff and troff

7. plug-ins netscape

8. Sendmail config for inserting address over dial-up?

9. Reward for NExS Spreadsheet Plug-Ins

10. Netscape helpers and plug-ins, also java help

11. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

12. Browser Question (Plug-ins) m-w.com

13. Netscape and Plug-ins