KDE 2.0.1 on RH7: missing kde-config ?

Post by buffa » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:11:01

I have installed KDE 2.0.1 on a linux box running RH7.0 and I try to compile
the new version of quanta plus (KDE web creation).
During the configuration with configure, I got the following message
  "missing important program kde-config"
I have install all the RPM for kde2.0.1 (with the development lib), and i
did'nt found this program .
Where is located this utility and in which rpm?
Thanks for any advice,
        Marc

--
Marc BUFFAT, Pr. Universite Claude Bernard LYON I
tel:  (33) 04/72/43/10/05 (UCBL)

KDE 2.0.1 on RH7: missing kde-config ?

Post by ne.. » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:10:17

Quote:>I have installed KDE 2.0.1 on a linux box running RH7.0 and I try to compile
>the new version of quanta plus (KDE web creation).
>During the configuration with configure, I got the following message
>  "missing important program kde-config"
>I have install all the RPM for kde2.0.1 (with the development lib), and i
>did'nt found this program .
>Where is located this utility and in which rpm?

On my RH7.0 machine I use 2.1Beta2, but things should be
the same.

[07:54:49][work]$ locate kde-config
/usr/bin/kde-config
[07:55:01][work]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/kde-config
kdelibs-2.1-0.beta2

HTH

There is no such thing as fortune.  Try again.
  8:06am  up 21 days, 10:40, 10 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Post by Eggert Ehmk » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:09:01

Quote:>I have installed KDE 2.0.1 on a linux box running RH7.0 and I try to compile
>the new version of quanta plus (KDE web creation).
>During the configuration with configure, I got the following message
>  "missing important program kde-config"
>I have install all the RPM for kde2.0.1 (with the development lib), and i
>did'nt found this program .
>Where is located this utility and in which rpm?

I don't know it was part of KDE 2.0.1. For KDE 2.1beta2, it comes in
$KDELIB/bin/kde-config. It is part of the Kdelibs package. I would suggest
to wait for KDE2.1 final (should be there today, but ...) and upgrade.

--
Eggert Ehmke

Post by Eric Laffoo » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 03:43:40

> I have installed KDE 2.0.1 on a linux box running RH7.0 and I try to
> compile the new version of quanta plus (KDE web creation).
> During the configuration with configure, I got the following message
>   "missing important program kde-config"
> I have install all the RPM for kde2.0.1 (with the development lib), and i
> did'nt found this program .
> Where is located this utility and in which rpm?
> Thanks for any advice,
>         Marc

There is an error there in a couple places. Some builds of KDE are odd
about this and Quanta also has has some makefile errors. Basically you
should have this file in your system as it sets all your internal KDE paths
so that KDE knows where it's parts are. The following is an email generated
from trouble shooting a friend's install issue. Also you want to  make sure
you have an up to date QT. I think we are building off 2.2.2 now.
We use in quanta "admin" directory from
kde cvs and there was changes with kde-config
If you have problem with kde-config
you can resolve it with two ways
1 do "locate kde-config" and after it run
$ export KDECONFIG=$KDEDIR/share/config/kde-config ( or
your path )
$ ./configure
2 if you have old version of kde2 without kde-config (
btw quanta can't run :-( )
you can run configure and receive error after it
add in config.cache two string
$ echo "kde_cv_path=${kde_cv_path=/opt/kde/bin/kde-config}" >> config.cache
$ echo
"kde_cv_path_kde_config=${kde_cv_path_kde_config=/opt/kde/bin/kde-config}"
config.cache
and after it run ./configure again - quanta will read
data from config.cache and don't check kde-config

--
Best regards

--

A member of the Quanta+ Web development team
http://quanta.sourceforge.net