kde3.0 & .Xresources

kde3.0 & .Xresources

Post by Tobalt Leerma » Thu, 16 May 2002 18:28:16



Hi,

kde3.0 overides the settings put into my .Xresources when it is
started. Apparently this is done by the kcontrol module.

e.g. my .xsession reads:

        xrdb .Xresources
        exec startkde

This worked for kde2, but now I have to run xrdb manually (or from kde
autostart) after kde3 has finished coming up.

Does anyone know how to tell kde not to overide xresources?

Bye
--
Tobalt

 
 
 

kde3.0 & .Xresources

Post by Arne Schmit » Fri, 17 May 2002 00:11:10


Tobalt Leerman schrieb:

Quote:> kde3.0 overides the settings put into my .Xresources when it is
> started. Apparently this is done by the kcontrol module.

Exactly. Look & Feel -> Colours -> Apply coulours to non-KDE applications.
This should do the trick. If should be disabled, if you don't want KDE to
overwrite your X resources.

        Arne

--
Do you realize how many holes there could be if people would just take
the time to take the dirt out of them?

[--- PGP key available on http://www.root42.de/ ---]

 
 
 

kde3.0 & .Xresources

Post by Tobalt Leerma » Sat, 18 May 2002 17:45:01



> Exactly. Look & Feel -> Colours -> Apply coulours to non-KDE
> applications. This should do the trick. If should be disabled, if
> you don't want KDE to overwrite your X resources.

No, that's not it. It was the first thing I checked. And it's not only
the colours, but all the Xresources are gone: fonts, window sizes,
etc.

--
Tobalt

 
 
 

kde3.0 & .Xresources

Post by Rex Diete » Sat, 18 May 2002 21:55:55




>> Exactly. Look & Feel -> Colours -> Apply coulours to non-KDE
>> applications. This should do the trick. If should be disabled, if
>> you don't want KDE to overwrite your X resources.

> No, that's not it. It was the first thing I checked. And it's not only
> the colours, but all the Xresources are gone: fonts, window sizes,
> etc.

I discoverred too, that KDE 3 (RedHat 7.3) doesn't use/load ~/.Xresources.  
I was going to report it to bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla today.

--

Computer System Administrator   http://www.math.unl.edu/~rdieter/
Mathematics and Statistics              
University of Nebraska Lincoln

 
 
 

kde3.0 & .Xresources

Post by Rex Diete » Sat, 18 May 2002 23:43:23




>> No, that's not it. It was the first thing I checked. And it's not only
>> the colours, but all the Xresources are gone: fonts, window sizes,
>> etc.

> I discoverred too, that KDE 3 (RedHat 7.3) doesn't use/load ~/.Xresources.
> I was going to report it to bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla today.

FYI,
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=65098

--

Computer System Administrator   http://www.math.unl.edu/~rdieter/
Mathematics and Statistics              
University of Nebraska Lincoln