How to disable KDE2.0 screensavers?

Post by Mikko Paanane » Sun, 26 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi, I'm installing KDE2.0 to our SUNs (Ultra-5/10s with
Openwindows/CDE), but we don't want people locking workstations in
labs for forever. We have used xlock with autologout after 60
minutes. (Also root can open screensaver)

I deleted screensaver items from Preferences->Look&Feel, so user can't
choose screensaver.

I hacked kdesktop's lockeng.cc to disable screensaver when password
dialog shows up. Unfortunately this is there is still a ''lock
screen'' -option in main menu that blanks to screen but doesn't lock
it. Is there any way to make that menu start /usr/openwin/bin/xlock
and disable KDE's screensavers entirely?

--
Mikko Paananen

1. Problem with ScreenSavers/KDE2.2/FBSD4.4

Hi all,
I am having trouble running the screen savers packaged with
KDE 2.2.
They will not run on the root window. They do run in their own
windows if I start them from a shell.
The following is output on the console as they run:
kdesktop: saverengine: starting saver
kdesktop: saver window id: xxxxxxx
kdesktop: starting hack: /usr/local/bin/kswarm.kss
kdeinit:  setgroups: operation not permitted.

And at some point earlier during the startup of KDE,
there is a complaint about:
Grabbing the mouse failed with "GrabNotViewable"
this seems ocurr when KDE tries to initially set up the
screen saver

I'm not using the /dev/sysmouse but rather the
XServer's mouse driver in /etc/XF86Config

TIA,
Russ

2. RedHat 5.0 on COMPAQ Armada 7360DMT

3. sound and screensaver password bugs in KDE2.1

4. Hostname Lookup Failure outgoing mail

5. kde2.2 and screensaver?

6. Disabling root login

7. kde2 screensaver problems

8. chown problems

9. KDE2 screensavers and shadow passwords

10. Screensavers under KDE2

11. can i disable screensaver during a process KDE

12. disable screensaver

13. how to disable the textmode screensaver