KNode (No Caching) - What am I doing no wrong

KNode (No Caching) - What am I doing no wrong

Post by Chris & Va » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 04:35:05

In Knode messages ever seemn to get cached so I read them off line. I have
the cache set to 1024K but it makes no difference. Is there anyway I can
select a group articles and have them download all at once rather than
clicking on each one

Thanks

Post by Dave » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:01:47

> In Knode messages ever seemn to get cached so I read them off line. I have
> the cache set to 1024K but it makes no difference. Is there anyway I can
> select a group articles and have them download all at once rather than
> clicking on each one

That's the way it is supposed to work. KNode is designed to work with a
local news spool, so it doesn't keep copies of articles since they'll be
on the news server.

If you don't have an always-on Internet connection you need to set up
your own news server. INN if you're keen, Leafnode is a simple (if a tad
slow) replacement.

Dave

1. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

Greetings,

The following macros are there on AIX  but not on Linux.If we have
on Linux pls  suggest me how to use(say path) or tell me alternative?

#define SIGDANGER 33    /* system crash imminent; free up some page
space */
#define SIGSAK    63    /* secure attention key */
#define SIGSOUND  62    /* sound control has completed */
#define SIGKAP    60    /* keep alive poll from native keyboard */
#define SIGGRANT  SIGKAP /* monitor mode granted */
#define SIGRETRACT 61   /* monitor mode should be relinguished */
#define  F_CLOSEM       10/**on AIX /usr/include/fcntl.h****/
#define _D_NAME_MAX 255

Thnaks in Advance
Sudhakar Reddy.N

2. ATI and nVidia

3. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

4. New user (hopefully) need help

5. NOS shootout

6. apache 1.3b3 directory listing

7. Seeds for random nos.

8. oops! vaio won't boot

9. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

10. Software to read NOS/VE backup tapes

11. Help: What is best NOS/platform for Oracle?

12. Unix <-> NOS