noatun not playing mpeg movies

Post by ae1 » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 00:25:13

Anyone,

I just compiled and installed KDE 3.1. Now Noatun is not able to show mpeg
movies files. When i look in the logfile i can see the following messages:

kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers( video/mpeg,KFilePlugin )
kio (KTrader): Returning 0 offers
kio (KTrader): No offers, or none allowed as default

Can anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong?

Alexander Elsenaar

1. Noatun will not play any movies

Hi
I cannot get noatun to play any movies (mpeg,divx, etc..) in kde 2.2.
slackware. It plays music just fine.
This is true as a regulat user and as root. I have installed the divx
plug, I have libmpeg, I have recompiled kdemultimedia 2.1, 2.1 over
and over, used packages. nothing!  I am baffled. I get no error
messages when calling it from a console even with -D on. On a related
note, mplayer plays all of the above though that may not mean
anything. Does anyone have an idea of what it might be? How can I test
things since this thing doesn't seem  to leave me log messages.

Thanks

Jadow

2. more rsh**

3. Noatune not playing mpeg movies

4. USB Modem

5. mpeg movies are fubar, avi plays fine....

6. NIS implementaion?

7. Playing CDi MPEG movies on Linux

8. Setup Problems

9. Movies, movies, movies!!!

10. artsd crashes when noatun tries to play something

11. noatun is hard-crashing RH 7.3 when playing mpg's

12. mpeg movie capturing

13. How to merge several mpeg movies