where is QTDIR

Post by Stefan Ecklede » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:11:29

Hello,

I want to install QT-3. So far no problem, but when I type echo $QTDIR in
XTerm I get always the old path. When I log in at the console I get the new
path. In the file .profile i changed the path.
In which file I must change the path too ???

Thx
Stefan

where is QTDIR

Post by Arne Schmit » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 21:27:05

> I want to install QT-3. So far no problem, but when I type echo $QTDIR in
> XTerm I get always the old path. When I log in at the console I get the
> new path. In the file .profile i changed the path.
> In which file I must change the path too ???

Have a look at ~/.bashrc and /etc/profile, too.

Arne

--
Everyone can be taught to sculpt: Michelangelo would have had to be
taught how ___   not to.  So it is with the great programmers.

[--- PGP key available on http://www.root42.de/ ---]

1. QTDIR and KDEDIR what to set to

I wanted to start developing some qt and kde stuff, but I can't get any
configure script to understand where qt is. It seems to me that FreeBSD's
ports put it in a totally wierd place (/usr/X11R6/ then something under
there) rather that its recommended /usr/local/qt. KDE is also a problem,
but I think /usr/local works for that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regrads,
Jeffrey Drake

2. Network goes away

3. QTDIR & KDevelop

4. errpt: JFS_LOG_WAIT

5. newbie q : qt3-devel and $QTDIR

6. Help with SLIP and X

7. What file sets the QTDIR environment variable?

8. Questions: Java with Jclass BWT in RH 5.0

10. I am with the following error, when i am running lilo...

11. Am I touchy? Or am I right?