KCharset: Wrong Charset!....?!

Post by Richi » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi

What does, KCharset: Wrong Charset! mean?  It appears after closing KDE.

Is it a problem?  How do you fix it?

Please post
Thanks
Rich

KCharset: Wrong Charset!....?!

Post by Haakon Nilse » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>Hi

>What does, KCharset: Wrong Charset! mean?  It appears after closing KDE.

>Is it a problem?  How do you fix it?

If I'm not terribly mistaken, this should be fixed in the latest Redhat RPMs.
Sorry, don't know what's causing it, but it doesn't seem to matter :)

--
Haakon Nilsen, Bergen, Norway.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it,

KCharset: Wrong Charset!....?!

Post by Robert Sheski » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Hi

> What does, KCharset: Wrong Charset! mean?  It appears after closing KDE.

> Is it a problem?  How do you fix it?

> Please post
> Thanks
> Rich

I had the same problem when I started using kde and it turned out to be
that I was doing everything as root.  Just a hunch but if you are using
root setup a differennt account and try that.
--
Robert Sheskin

ICQ: 5788323

KCharset: Wrong Charset!....?!

Post by Nicholas Aul » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> > Hi

> > What does, KCharset: Wrong Charset! mean?  It appears after closing KDE.

> > Is it a problem?  How do you fix it?

> > Please post
> > Thanks
> > Rich
> I had the same problem when I started using kde and it turned out to be
> that I was doing everything as root.  Just a hunch but if you are using
> root setup a differennt account and try that.
> --
> Robert Sheskin

> ICQ: 5788323

mine does it even with a user account.  but as it doesnt really seem to do
ANYTHING :)

oh well

--nicholas

KCharset: Wrong Charset!....?!

Post by Nicholas Aul » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>>Hi

>>What does, KCharset: Wrong Charset! mean?  It appears after closing KDE.

>>Is it a problem?  How do you fix it?

>If I'm not terribly mistaken, this should be fixed in the latest Redhat RPMs.
>Sorry, don't know what's causing it, but it doesn't seem to matter :)

>--
>Haakon Nilsen, Bergen, Norway.
>"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it,
>change your attitude. Don't complain." -Maya Angelou

Ok...so what if I compile my sources cause I don't like RPMs? :)

then how do I fix it....I agree doesnt seem to matter, but hey its there so why
dont we fix it :)

--nicholas

KCharset: Wrong Charset!....?!

Post by Ken Willia » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>then how do I fix it....I agree doesnt seem to matter, but hey its there =
>so why
>dont we fix it :)

I had to modify the actual source and recompile.  Its a file in the kdebase
tree somewhere.  Grep all the files for Charset! and /* comment */ it out.

KCharset: Wrong Charset!....?!

Post by Nicholas Aul » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>>then how do I fix it....I agree doesnt seem to matter, but hey its there =
>>so why
>>dont we fix it :)

>I had to modify the actual source and recompile.  Its a file in the kdebase
>tree somewhere.  Grep all the files for Charset! and /* comment */ it out.

heh there ya go :-)

I was kinda hoping for an answer as to why it is showing me this message, but I
suppose taking out the message is just as good :-)

--nicholas

KCharset: Wrong Charset!....?!

Post by Mart » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have the same problem, with version 1.0 and 1.1 (on SuSE 6.0).
I have no idea where it's coming from but it doesn't seem to be
causing any problems...
It's also giving me this message in a message box when I start the
image editor. It works fine after that.
But if anyone knows what KDE is talking about, please tell us.

Mon, 5 Apr 1999 16:20:17 +0100 / "Richie"

Quote:>Hi

>What does, KCharset: Wrong Charset! mean?  It appears after closing KDE.

>Is it a problem?  How do you fix it?

>Please post
>Thanks
>Rich

+-----------+
| Martin    |
+-----------+

KCharset: Wrong Charset!....?!

Post by Ralph Alv » Sat, 10 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>> What does, KCharset: Wrong Charset! mean?

Fix it this way:

     RightClick on Desktop --> Display Properties --> Fonts
     Set Fixed Font to iso-8859-8

Ralph Alvy

KCharset: Wrong Charset!....?!

Post by Denis Chapligi » Sun, 11 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi

> >> What does, KCharset: Wrong Charset! mean?

> Fix it this way:

>      RightClick on Desktop --> Display Properties --> Fonts
>      Set Fixed Font to iso-8859-8

But if i need koi8-r, how can i fix this annoing message?

Denis Chapligin