Argh - can't send e-mail with KMail via yahoo!

Argh - can't send e-mail with KMail via yahoo!

Post by Liam Daviso » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 18:35:04

Hi,

Just upgraded to Mandrake 8.2 and can't seem to configure kmail properly.

able to send and receive messages using Kmail.
I can receive no problem but i can't send - Yahoo complains about
authentication.
I had this working with kde2.2.2/mandrake 8.1!

What have I done wrong?

--
virg
add the above to my e-mail address

Post by Andre Somer » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 18:48:01

> Hi,

> Just upgraded to Mandrake 8.2 and can't seem to configure kmail properly.

> be able to send and receive messages using Kmail.
> I can receive no problem but i can't send - Yahoo complains about
> authentication.
> I had this working with kde2.2.2/mandrake 8.1!

> What have I done wrong?

Can you be more specific about the error you get?
Are you sure you can use Yahoo for SMTP?

Andr

Post by Liam Daviso » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 18:49:32

> Hi,

> Just upgraded to Mandrake 8.2 and can't seem to configure kmail properly.

> be able to send and receive messages using Kmail.
> I can receive no problem but i can't send - Yahoo complains about
> authentication.
> I had this working with kde2.2.2/mandrake 8.1!

> What have I done wrong?

Can't that, worked it out. Silly me.
--

Post by Keith » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 01:08:47

>> Hi,

>> Just upgraded to Mandrake 8.2 and can't seem to configure kmail properly.

>> be able to send and receive messages using Kmail.
>> I can receive no problem but i can't send - Yahoo complains about
>> authentication.
>> I had this working with kde2.2.2/mandrake 8.1!

>> What have I done wrong?

> Can you be more specific about the error you get?
> Are you sure you can use Yahoo for SMTP?

> Andr

You can but it will cost money after April 22 - about $30 a year (This is
not a troll - I just deleted my Yahoo configuration in KMail because of
this).

Their SMTP server is smtp.mail.yahoo.com and their POP3 sever is
pop.mail.yahoo.com.  KMail had no problem with it.  BTW, I'm using KDE
2.2.2 on Slackware 8.0.  Shouldn't be much different, if any, with Mandrake.

--
I never tell political jokes - I just vote for them.

1. kmail and kde 2.0: can't send emails

Hello out there,

maybe I'm too stupid, but: When I configure my email account in KMail, it
doesn't save my changes, so I can't send any emails. I made a new profile,
KMail is remembering the name, but in Network, the pop3/smtp stuff is not
saved. Is this RTFM? I didn'T find anything...

-j

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Mouse wheel and XFree86 3.3.2

3. can't send email with kmail

4. HELP!Xfree3.3 is killing my Thinkpad 365xd

5. can't send out email via pine and port 110 can't connected

6. USB Modems under Redhat 5.2

7. can't send mail in kmail via smtp

8. LILO not removed by fdisk /mbr, fat possibly destroyed

9. How to send email via my isp's smtp server with sendmail: SuSE 8.0

10. How to send HTML email with Kmail?

11. Kmail 'send' broken in 4.1 ?

12. Can't send webased email - 'connection reset by XXXX'