No Font-AA in KDE 3.0.2 on SuSE 7.3

Post by Arne Schmit » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:34:54

I just updated to KDE 3.0.2 on my SuSE 7.3 box, and it appears that Font
anti-aliasing and alpha-blending (icons etc.) does not work anymore! In KDE
3.0.1 it still worked (RENDER extension is available). I'm using the
packages from a SuSE FTP-mirror.

        Arne

--
Want to break the shell and cut the puppet strings
With our primal scream that echoes back inside

[--- PGP key available on http://www.root42.de/ ---]

No Font-AA in KDE 3.0.2 on SuSE 7.3

Post by Arne Schmit » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 00:13:07

Arne Schmitz schrieb:

Quote:> I just updated to KDE 3.0.2 on my SuSE 7.3 box, and it appears that Font
> anti-aliasing and alpha-blending (icons etc.) does not work anymore! In
> KDE 3.0.1 it still worked (RENDER extension is available). I'm using the
> packages from a SuSE FTP-mirror.

Problem solved: SuSE disables XFT support in all RPMs for SuSE version <
8.0. But you can take the source RPM of Qt 3.0.4 and tweak the spec file --
the relevant sections are very easy to find. I now have working AA again.
:-)

Cheers,

        Arne

--
Eigh* thousand million years, with aeons in between.
Cannot save me from my fears, of things that I have seen.

[--- PGP key available on http://www.veryComputer.com/]

1. RH 7.3 : AA fonts in KDE & Kicker

Hi to all,

I have just installed RH 7.3 on my laptop yesterday.  Everything went
smoothly, except for 2 minor problems:

1.  I can't get anti-alias (AA) fonts in KDE 3.  I have tried, many times,
to check the AA box in the fonts pannel of the KDE Control center, then I've
logout and login back, and I didn't have AA fonts.  Most surpinsingly, the
AA box in the fonts pannel is always uncheked after logout/login!  I'm a
long time user of KDE, on Redhat & Mandrake, and I've never had this kind of
problem since AA fonts are availabe...

2. When I use the Quick browser on Kicker, it will often crash cause a
Kicker freezing and, after a while, start an undergoing system process that
will make the system to becom completely unresponsvie.  Event CTRL-ALT-BKSPC
or CTRL-ALT-DEL, won't work.  I have experienced the same issue with KDE3 on
Mandrake 8.2 and I was hoping that it wouldn't be present on RH 7.3.  Maybe
it's time to report it as a bug, unless someone has a clue?!

Thanks for your help.

Marco

2. Conditional pipes

3. Help needed: Font Anti-Aliasing under SuSE Linux 7.3 (KDE 2.2.1) no longer works

4. Good video cards for X?

5. LILO dies: L AA AA AA AA AA ...

6. Help C++ Motif Ftp Class

7. SuSE 7.3 and aa support

8. A few more questions from a newbie

9. A question on upgrading to KDE 3.0.1 from KDE 2.2.2 (SuSE 7.3)

10. LILO hangs with 'L AA AA AA AA'...

11. Suse 7.3 font problem with xfig

12. Searching for Linux SUSE 7.3 Fonts

13. cannot link static using KDE 2.2.1 (Suse 7.3)