Midi and OSS sound

Post by Fred Shakla » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

After installing the OSS sound, I successfully tested wav, mp3 and
midi.  Some days later I purchased the license.  The next time I
attempted to play a midi file I received a high pitch sound.

I do not think the following information is important but I present it
anyway.  To allow a user other then root to play music I had to change
the protection of the /dev/audio*, ./dev/dsp* and the /dev/mixer* files
to 666. I do not know of any other changes I made which may be relevant