Bug between tcl/tk and kwm?

Post by Mengmeng Zhan » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm running tcl/tk 8.2.2 together with KDE 1.1.2. The problem is that the tk
command 'wm withdraw' does not seem to work if the target window is not on the
current virtual desktop. For example, an easy way to test is to run wish from a
shell, then move the root window that it creates to another virtual desktop.
Then from the wish command line, type 'wm withdraw .' The behavior is supposed
to be that the window becomes unmapped and not seen at all, but this does not
happen. I've talked to people running fvwm2 and Enlightenment, and they do not
have this problem, so it seems like it could be a KDE/kwm problem. I've looked
at the bug list on the KDE site and this does not seem to be addressed.

Thanks.

--
MZhang - Geek extraordinaire, U2 Fanatic, _and_ he knows where his towel is.

"Once in a lifetime the longed for tidal wave of justice can rise up,
and hope and history rhyme." -- Seamus Heaney

1. TK/tcl gurus: wrong version of Tk loaded (3.6): need 4.x?

Hi:

I'm trying to run tkHTML 2.3, and when it loads, it gives an error:

Tcl_AppInit failed: wrong version of Tk loaded (3.6): need 4.x

According to glint (I've installed RH 3.0.3), I've got tcl version
7.4-5 and tk version 4.0-5.  Why does tkHTML seem to think my tk is
version 3.6 and not 4.0?

I'm not a tk/tcl guru nor do I play one on TV.  So if anyone out there
is, please let me know what I can do.  After it (tkHTML) loads, none
of the menus work, it's basically broken, and I get error messages like:

tkerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: invalid command name "tk_butEnter"
    Error in tkerror: unknown option "-wraplength"
tkerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: invalid command name "tk_butLeave"
    Error in tkerror: unknown option "-wraplength"
etc.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Mark

Committee on Social Thought, University of Chicago

2. tarzfaq.txt What are and how to handle tar.Z and tar.gz files

3. HELP with Tcl/Tk -- RedHat bug?

4. Is 'ls' broken with anonymous ftp in 2.5.1?

5. Linux Tcl/Tk diffs in netcom.com: ~ftp/pub/yggdrasil/misc/tcl-diffs

6. Popper: Can't find canonical name err

7. Plans for Tcl/Tk8.4 version of tksh (ksh93 + Tcl/Tk)?

8. Upgrage to 4.0-current?

9. Tk::Dialog slow under kwm and enlightenment

10. Tk/TCL for RS6000/AIX ?

11. Papers Due April 8 - 6th USENIX Tcl/Tk Conference

12. GTK vs Qt vs Motif vs tcl/Tk???

13. RPM/Tcl-Tk Question: Right Upgrade Procedure?