ktalkd

Post by Manuel Streuhofe » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:47:56

1. ktalk/ktalkd wont work

I have been trying to get ktalk and ktalkd running on CorelLinux,
but with no success.  I get a segfault every time I try and run
ktalk, and when I try and run ktlakd manually, followed by ktalk,
I get the following:

PID could not get read.
Segmentation fault

I think I have inetd.conf configured properly:

talk            dgram   udp     wait    nobody.tty
/usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/X11R6/bin/kotalkd
ntalk           dgram   udp     wait    nobody.tty
/usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/X11R6/bin/ktalkd

any help most appreciated.

2. why this RE failed?

3. ktalkd buggy in KDE 1.1.2