How can I run a full screen app instead of the desktop?

How can I run a full screen app instead of the desktop?

Post by CS » Mon, 09 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Folks,

For certain users, I want an app to run instead of the KDE desktop.  The app
is the Citrix ICA client in full screen mode.  I can run it from a shell
command with the following command:  X | /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica "Console"
This starts X and runs the full screen remote NT desktop.  It works the way
I want to but doesn't clean up when I quit the Citrix client.

How can I set up KDE so some users get the normal desktop and others get the
ICA full screen (sans window manager) client?  What would be great is
getting the KDM to present another logon screen when quitting the ICA client
instead of the blank screen I get when I run it with the command line
mentioned above.

Thanks,

Craig

1. KDE Toolbar ... showing all apps instead of current desktop's apps

The older versions of KDE would only show the applications running on
the current desktop on the toolbar.  Example, if I had Netscape
running in Desktop 1 and The Gimp in Desktop 2, I only saw Netscape
listed on toolbar.  Switching to Desktop 2 would then only show The
Gimp.  Now in KDE 2, the toolbar shows all applications.  I'd like to
change this back to only showing the current desktop applications so I
can put the apps I don't use often in a differnet desktop.

I went through the Panel and Toolbar Settings, but could find no
mention of this.  Any help would be appriciative.

Thanks.

2. Solaris Installation on VMware Workstation

3. need full screen app run as cronjob

4. DNS?

5. Run an App Full Screen in X

6. boot problem

7. /usr full need to install rpms to /apps instead how??

8. COMMERCIAL: UNIX Auto-Tutor for Linux

9. My screen is all full of weird characters instead of letters

10. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode

11. Desktop is Only 1/4 of Full Screen

12. Full screen apps