kde 2.2.1: Can't use Meta key in shortcuts

kde 2.2.1: Can't use Meta key in shortcuts

Post by Nathaniel Gra » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 05:58:24

Hi folks,

I'd really like to use the Windows (Meta) key for all of my window manager
shortcuts and the Key Bindings section of the Control Center seems to support
this, but I can't create new shortcuts with Meta.  When I click on the button
to enter a new shortcut and hit the windows key nothing happens.  Shortcuts
that already exist but use Meta don't work either, behaving as though Meta was
never pressed.

Using xev and pressing the windows key gives me this:

KeyPress event, serial 27, synthetic NO, window 0x3000001,
    root 0x32, subw 0x0, time 860364067, (79,1), root:(83,819),
    state 0x0, keycode 115 (keysym 0xffe7, Meta_L), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 characters:  ""

So it looks like my modifiers are set up correctly.  I'm not sure what else to
check.  Do Meta shortcuts work for anyone else?

KDE 2.2.1, Mandrake 8.1

Cheers,
-n8

--
Nathaniel Gray

California Institute of Technology
Computation and Neural Systems
--

1. How to disable the meta-W and meta-Q key shortcuts?

For the benefit of my emacs users, I have been trying to figure
our how to disable the meta-Q and meta-W key shortcuts that cause
the window manager to quit and close, respectively, the application
in a OW window.

If you know of a way to do this, please post! Thanks much,
-w

--
"They're worse than real critics, they're Amateur Critics!"
                                              - Richard Thompson

2. BE-OS

3. enlightenment keyboard shortcuts Q's: using the win key, using c+a+sh, conf file?

4. Substract from a variable

5. KDE Shortcuts and Key Mapping

6. NT and Unix admininistration workload and skill required

7. Handling of the Meta-key in `tcsh' and `bash'

8. Booktree TV tuner info

9. Creating shortcut keys in KDE 2.1 Not Working...Why?

10. shortcut key sequence to quit kde?

11. Meta and Alt keys on KDE

12. Using the Win95 key as a modifier in KDE key schemes

13. Using <ALT> as META-key in TCSH.