e-mail reply in knode

Post by ebbin » Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:16:22

I use knode (0.4) as my newsgroup reader, trouble is I keep
getting an error message when I try to send an e-mail
reply to a news group message. The error is:

Unable to connect. The following error occured: 220
ESMTP spoken here

I have configured knode to the same smtp server I use
in kmail (e-mail program). Anyone have any
suggestions?

ebbing

e-mail reply in knode

Post by Christian Gebaue » Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:42:02

> I use knode (0.4) as my newsgroup reader, trouble is I keep
> getting an error message when I try to send an e-mail
> reply to a news group message. The error is:

> Unable to connect. The following error occured: 220
> ESMTP spoken here

> I have configured knode to the same smtp server I use
> in kmail (e-mail program). Anyone have any
> suggestions?

This is known bug, please update to KDE 2.2 / KNode 0.6.

Greetings
Christian
--

e-mail reply in knode

Post by ebbin » Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:00:02

Cheers Christian, you might be able to help with another problem that has
just come to light.

I have knbode configured to list messages in date order with the newest at
the bottom of the list. But today knode has started to split the new
messages that arrive by putting some at the top of the list (above the
oldest messages on the list) and some in the normal position at the bottom
of the list. I can see no reason for it.

Any idea

ebbing

>> I use knode (0.4) as my newsgroup reader, trouble is I keep
>> getting an error message when I try to send an e-mail
>> reply to a news group message. The error is:

>> Unable to connect. The following error occured: 220
>> ESMTP spoken here

>> I have configured knode to the same smtp server I use
>> in kmail (e-mail program). Anyone have any
>> suggestions?

> This is known bug, please update to KDE 2.2 / KNode 0.6.

> Greetings
> Christian

e-mail reply in knode

Post by Christian Gebaue » Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:34:04

> Cheers Christian, you might be able to help with another problem that has
> just come to light.

> I have knbode configured to list messages in date order with the newest at
> the bottom of the list. But today knode has started to split the new
> messages that arrive by putting some at the top of the list (above the
> oldest messages on the list) and some in the normal position at the bottom
> of the list. I can see no reason for it.

This behaviour is caused by bug in KNode that is triggered by the one
billion seconds rollover that happend yesterday. Please take a look at
the "KNode sec. 1E+08 problem?" thread.

Greetings
Christian
--

1. KNode: reply by email with munged identity?

My ISP will not relay email if the From: address is not resolvable (sensible
anti-spam measure). If I reply-by-email using KNode, then the From address

even if I set an unmunged global identity different to the one for the news
server.

Is there a way to be able to select the From email address with KNode (like
there is with KMail) so that I can successfully reply by email?

--
Cheers,
-nick

2. about nameservers

3. Knode-email reply from addressbook?

4. Linux time from port 37

5. pls hlp: I can post, but not reply with Knode!

6. select a specific line from an ascii file

7. KNode and KMail do not reply via Mail

8. Telnets/rlogins breaks under certain conditions

9. Reply problem about Kmail & Knode

10. tiny fonts in kmail, knode email editors and konqueror previewer

11. Knode Knode

12. Tin e-Mail Reply Doesn't Work!!

13. automatic email reply with URL content