finer control over the cursor

Post by zed » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 04:27:13

gidday can anyone tell me where can i manually configure the cursor
movement rate,
in the options panel i have
pointer acceration
pointer threshold
but no combination of the 2 gives a nice smooth (+ fast) cursor. ie i
want the cursor to move a pixel at a time if i slightly shift the mouse
and depending on how much i move the mouse accelerate more. as it stands
now i believe if i shirt the cursor more than X threshold pixels then
the MAXIMUM acceleration kicks in but i want a gradual speedup + not the
either fast + jerky or slow.

cheers zed

finer control over the cursor

Post by SamW » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 10:22:30

Under System ...WM ( window manager )

> gidday can anyone tell me where can i manually configure the cursor
> movement rate,
> in the options panel i have
> pointer acceration
> pointer threshold
> but no combination of the 2 gives a nice smooth (+ fast) cursor. ie i
> want the cursor to move a pixel at a time if i slightly shift the mouse
> and depending on how much i move the mouse accelerate more. as it stands
> now i believe if i shirt the cursor more than X threshold pixels then
> the MAXIMUM acceleration kicks in but i want a gradual speedup + not the
> either fast + jerky or slow.

> cheers zed

1. Finer grained file access control?

Hi can anyone tell me how I can get finer grained access control of
files under GNU/Linux? We want to be able to have users grant
individual access rights to files. The current method of using groups
is unworkable since users cannot change /etc/group.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. We require an easy to use
tried and tested solution. Unfortunately if this problem isn't solved
soon then we will have to move to Solaris :(

2. Adding RAID-1 remotely

3. Parrallel port CDROMS

4. Menus for both cursor control and tty?

5. getting network device info

6. cursor control-better way?

7. install UNIX to PC instead of DOS

8. Cursor controls in scripts