Is there a GENIUS in the house??

Post by RMot » Tue, 31 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I'm very new to linux and don't know how to install nearly anything. But I
am having a LOT of trouble with my modem. Can somebody help me? I have a
Diamond Supra 56i pro , it a winmodem (ithink). Is there anyone with this
modem installed that can help me.

Rick

Is there a GENIUS in the house??

Post by Wolfgang Viechtbaue » Tue, 31 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm very new to linux and don't know how to install nearly anything. But I
> am having a LOT of trouble with my modem. Can somebody help me? I have a
> Diamond Supra 56i pro , it a winmodem (ithink). Is there anyone with this
> modem installed that can help me.

If it is really a winmodem, not even God can help you (unless God starts
talking to modem vendors and tells them to release their software for
linux - uhm, well, nevermind, not even God could accomplish this).

-------------------------
Wolfgang Viechtbauer

Is there a GENIUS in the house??

Post by Aaron Mitchel » Tue, 31 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Try comp.os.linux.help.  Again though, Winmodem's don't work in Linux.

Quote:> I'm very new to linux and don't know how to install nearly anything. But I
> am having a LOT of trouble with my modem. Can somebody help me? I have a
> Diamond Supra 56i pro , it a winmodem (ithink). Is there anyone with this
> modem installed that can help me.

> Rick

Is there a GENIUS in the house??

Post by RMot » Wed, 01 Sep 1999 04:00:00

But, say I have real modem :) what would I do to install it?

Rick

Wolfgang Viechtbauer escreveu na mensagem ...

>> I'm very new to linux and don't know how to install nearly anything. But
>> am having a LOT of trouble with my modem. Can somebody help me? I have a
>> Diamond Supra 56i pro , it a winmodem (ithink). Is there anyone with this
>> modem installed that can help me.

>If it is really a winmodem, not even God can help you (unless God starts
>talking to modem vendors and tells them to release their software for
>linux - uhm, well, nevermind, not even God could accomplish this).

>-------------------------
>Wolfgang Viechtbauer

Is there a GENIUS in the house??

Post by James Gra » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Plug it in, tell Linux what port it's on (Com1 = /dev/cua0 and /dev/ttys0,
Com2 = /dev/cua1 and /dev/ttys1) then configure a dialler, maybe kppp or
ezPPP or X-ISP.  And that's it.  REAL modems don't NEED drivers, that is
just a fallacy promoted by Bill Gates so you don't think Windows is brain
dead. :-)

Cheers,

James

> But, say I have real modem :) what would I do to install it?

1. Genius Mouse stays at top of the screen; Gnome with Genius Netmouse Pro

I am using Redhat 6.0 and Xfree86 with Gnome.
I do have a problem with my mouse, Genius Netmouse Pro.
I have configured it as a busmouse and  PS/2 in xf86config. In both cases my
mousepointer stays at top of the screen. No matter how I move my mouse over
the pad.
Who can help me to resolve this problem?

2. Reverse a file

4. Fetchmail+Sendmail Gateway

5. Announcing New TCP Performance Patch

7. missing include file "linux"