Help: KDE apps. not responding to XSendEvent

Help: KDE apps. not responding to XSendEvent

Post by ndin.. » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi:

I wrote a little application (in Xlib) that Grabs the keyboard and
sends selective events using XSendEvent to the application that
contains the keyboard. I am able to successfully send the key strokes
to GNOME apps. (under KDE) but not KDE apps like Kedit, etc.

Has anyone noticed any such behavior? Are there any special precautions
I need to take when sending events to KDE apps?

Thanks.

_Dinesh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Help: Apps. not responding to XSendEvent()

Hi:

I developed a little application that grabs the keyboard and sends
keystroke events to using XSendEvent() to the window with the pointer.
Here are some of my observations:

1. if I set event.xany.window = RootWindow(display, screen_num), then
it works under KDE but no GNOME apps. work.

2. if I don't set anything, then GNOME applications work but not KDE
apps.

3. In either case, no standard Xt applications work. i.e. xterm,
Netscape, etc.

Is there someone out there who can shed some light on this behavior.

Thanks.

Dinesh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Backspace in xterm and Calendar Man. under 2.3

3. Help: KDE apps will not display apostrophe

4. AWE64 external midi

5. readlink() causes kernel crash

6. Mouse does not respond in KDE

7. NFS locking

8. Internet apps won't respond - can anyone help??

9. XSendEvent() Not working!! Hints on how to debug?!

10. kde 3 not applying colors to gtk2 apps

11. Apps not reponding in KDE

12. KDE Toolbar ... showing all apps instead of current desktop's apps