Can't start KDE1.92...

Post by EV » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm using Mandrake 7.1 and I have downloaded the rpm packages for kde
1.92 beta3. Also, I followed the instructions at www.kde.org to be
able tu run both kde 1.1.2 & kde2.

Then when I start kde1.92, there is a dragoon with what it is
doing...and after a while.... nothing...just a gray desktop!

I have qt-2.1.1 installed but I read somewhere kde1.92 beta3 needs
Qt 2.1.9-korner. I didnt find this RPM package....

Is it because I'm not using the right qt? If so, where can i find this
rpm file?

Thanks.

Can't start KDE1.92...

Post by David Faur » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Read the post "KDE2 beta3 on Mandrake With RPMs" on this
very newsgroup, posted yesterday.

--
David Faure

See http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.html for how to set up KDE 2.

Can't start KDE1.92...

Post by brett a william » Mon, 07 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello,

> I'm using Mandrake 7.1 and I have downloaded the rpm packages for kde
> 1.92 beta3. Also, I followed the instructions at www.kde.org to be
> able tu run both kde 1.1.2 & kde2.

> Then when I start kde1.92, there is a dragoon with what it is
> doing...and after a while.... nothing...just a gray desktop!

> I have qt-2.1.1 installed but I read somewhere kde1.92 beta3 needs
> Qt 2.1.9-korner. I didnt find this RPM package....

> Is it because I'm not using the right qt? If so, where can i find this
> rpm file?

> Thanks.

dude, pls read the attatched doc. i used the instructions and now kde2
works gr8!

[ kde2 1K ]
I finally figured out how to get these things to work with the help of some
of you and my own perseverance.  So this is what I did on Mandrake 7.1,
probably work on redhat too.  Mandrake you know is optimized for i586
machines.

Get the kde packages from:
http://us.mandrakesoft.com/%7Emolnarc/index.html  Get openssl-0.9.5a-3mdk   from:
http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/OByName.html  Get the sound library libasound.so (alsa-lib-0.5.8-2mdk) from:
http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/AByName.html   You must install the following 4 packages
in this order:

QT
QT-DEVELOP

KDESUPPORT2 (INCLUDES KDE-QT-ADDON)
KDESUPPORT2-DEVELOP

Then install:

OPENSSL
ALSA

KDELIBS2
KDELIBS2-SOUND
KDELIBS2-CRYPTO

KDEBASE2
KDEBASE2-CRYPTO

The remainder of the packages you can install in any order you want.

Then install:
KDE2and1SCRIPTS

You might have to force the install of the scripts.  I deviate from the
average linux user and do a lot of my work from graphical front ends.  So if
you use the rpm package installer in kde check the box that says replace
files and it forces the scripts to install and saves your old script file.

The information about the order of installing the packages came from the
readme in the kde2 mandrake packages.  But it did not have the info about
OPENSSL or LIBASOUND.SO (ALSA).  You should still read his readme.

Sperry Russ

--
Sperry & Linda Russ--See Our Web Page
http://www.strato.net/~slruss/

1. YaST unter KDE1.92?

Hi everyone!

I've just installed KDE1.92 on my SuSE 6.4. Except of the fact that it
is very bugy i had an other problen: YsST1 doesn't start! (YaST2 works)
If anyone has an idea, please tell me.

Thax

2. Where is the best place to look for a new job.

3. Modem : Intel 536EP V.92 'Driver' for Redhat 8

4. PC-9800 additional for 2.5.61-ac1 (15/21) RTC

5. KDE1.1:kppp doesn't start at all

6. bad users

7. ICARCV'92

8. connecting to my ISP

9. '92 Gateway 486/66 DX2 and Linux, any luck?

10. V.92 modem that does not require 'doze

11. ETV-ROMMELMARKT '92

12. It's not bad canned meat...