mosfet-liquid0.9.5

Post by Jaso » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 07:39:34

Hi all

I am quite new to linux and, but I would like to know if there is a tutorial
anywhere on the web as to how I can install the KDE mosfet-liquid theme. I
did the following

mkdir ~/.themes/liquid
mv mosfet-liquid0.9.5.tar.gz ~/.themes/liquid
cd ~/.themes/liquid
tar xzvf mosfet-liquid0.9.5.tar.gz

From this point on I am stuck, I did manage to extract the splash screen
files and create the ksplash/pics directory but I am unsure as to how to
complete the instalation.

Any help would be great

Regards

Jason

mosfet-liquid0.9.5

Post by CRH » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:57:08

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:39:34 -0500, Jason hyperbolated:

Quote:> Hi all

> I am quite new to linux and, but I would like to know if there is a tutorial
> anywhere on the web as to how I can install the KDE mosfet-liquid theme. I
> did the following

> mkdir ~/.themes/liquid
> mv mosfet-liquid0.9.5.tar.gz ~/.themes/liquid
> cd ~/.themes/liquid
> tar xzvf mosfet-liquid0.9.5.tar.gz

> From this point on I am stuck, I did manage to extract the splash screen
> files and create the ksplash/pics directory but I am unsure as to how to
> complete the instalation.

Have you read the "Install" text in /mosfet-liquid0.9.5?

Standard compilation instructions (for any package/program):

Before you do anything pray to your chosen God......Try here is you do not
have one. http://www.stack.nl/~fidget/pguin/penguin.html

Move into /mosfet-liquid0.9.5 directory.

From the command prompt:

./configure  (let it do it's business) then issue command
make         (let it do it's business) then
su to root and then issue the command:
make install (let it do it's business)

Next, enjoy your new theme.......or beat your head against the wall while
praying to chosen God and post back here with error messages.

--
Over and Out,
CRH 8^)>

mosfet-liquid0.9.5

Post by Jaso » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:17:48

> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:39:34 -0500, Jason hyperbolated:

>> Hi all

>> I am quite new to linux and, but I would like to know if there is a
>> tutorial anywhere on the web as to how I can install the KDE
>> mosfet-liquid theme. I did the following

>> mkdir ~/.themes/liquid
>> mv mosfet-liquid0.9.5.tar.gz ~/.themes/liquid
>> cd ~/.themes/liquid
>> tar xzvf mosfet-liquid0.9.5.tar.gz

>> From this point on I am stuck, I did manage to extract the splash screen
>> files and create the ksplash/pics directory but I am unsure as to how to
>> complete the instalation.

> Have you read the "Install" text in /mosfet-liquid0.9.5?

> Standard compilation instructions (for any package/program):

> Before you do anything pray to your chosen God......Try here is you do not
> have one. http://www.stack.nl/~fidget/pguin/penguin.html

> Move into /mosfet-liquid0.9.5 directory.

> From the command prompt:

> ./configure  (let it do it's business) then issue command
> make         (let it do it's business) then
> su to root and then issue the command:
> make install (let it do it's business)

> Next, enjoy your new theme.......or beat your head against the wall while
> praying to chosen God and post back here with error messages.

Thanks for the help. There is no "Install Text" in /mosfet-liquid0.9.5.
Anyway, when I cd ~/mosfet-liquid0.9.5.tar.gz and try ./configure. I get
the following :-

checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

mosfet-liquid0.9.5

Post by Tim Wunde » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 04:05:01

>>On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:39:34 -0500, Jason hyperbolated:

>>>Hi all

>>>I am quite new to linux and, but I would like to know if there is a
>>>tutorial anywhere on the web as to how I can install the KDE
>>>mosfet-liquid theme. I did the following

>>>mkdir ~/.themes/liquid
>>>mv mosfet-liquid0.9.5.tar.gz ~/.themes/liquid
>>>cd ~/.themes/liquid
>>>tar xzvf mosfet-liquid0.9.5.tar.gz

>>>From this point on I am stuck, I did manage to extract the splash screen
>>>files and create the ksplash/pics directory but I am unsure as to how to
>>>complete the instalation.

>>Have you read the "Install" text in /mosfet-liquid0.9.5?

>>Standard compilation instructions (for any package/program):

>>Before you do anything pray to your chosen God......Try here is you do not
>>have one. http://www.stack.nl/~fidget/pguin/penguin.html

>>Move into /mosfet-liquid0.9.5 directory.

>>From the command prompt:

>>./configure  (let it do it's business) then issue command
>>make         (let it do it's business) then
>>su to root and then issue the command:
>>make install (let it do it's business)

>>Next, enjoy your new theme.......or beat your head against the wall while
>>praying to chosen God and post back here with error messages.

> Thanks for the help. There is no "Install Text" in /mosfet-liquid0.9.5.
> Anyway, when I cd ~/mosfet-liquid0.9.5.tar.gz and try ./configure. I get
> the following :-

> checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking for -p flag to install... yes
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cl... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

You don't appear to have any developer tools installed. You need autoconf and gcc packages. Depending on the distro, you will need to do different things. Please post your distro and version and someone will likely be able to help you further. Also, you might want to take a look at the output of 'rpm-qa|grep gcc' and see what you get. FWIW, my version of RedHat 7 has the following:
$ rpm -qa|grep autoc
autoconf-2.13-9
$ rpm -qa|grep gcc
gcc-objc-2.96-85
gcc-2.96-85
gcc-c++-2.96-85
kgcc-1.1.2-40
gcc-g77-2.96-85

HTH,
Tim

mosfet-liquid0.9.5

Post by Jorge Adrian » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:34:18

> checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking for -p flag to install... yes
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cl... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Have you searched for rpms for your distribuition?
J.A.