kbuildsycoca signal 11 (crash) on kde3 startup

kbuildsycoca signal 11 (crash) on kde3 startup

Post by James D. Bear » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:48:19

I have installed the Mandrake rpm for kde3 on Linux Mandrake 8.2.
It seems to be
working fine on my login that uses the US locale, but I have a login
set up for
Japanese locale and during the KDE3 startup I get a box saying that
kbuildsycoca
issued signal 11 (crash).  I hit return, and KDE3 continues to load.
  And it works.

But I cannot add an icon to a second task bar.  Actually, it will
add, but when
I log out of KDE and start it back up again it will be gone.

These problems did not occur the first time or two I logged in on the
Japanese locale, but I cannot for the life of me find anything that
might
have changed that would cause such.

Any ideas?

jim b.

--
Unix is not user-unfriendly; it merely
      expects users to be computer-friendly.

Post by Marti » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 19:25:29

> I have installed the Mandrake rpm for kde3 on Linux Mandrake 8.2.
> It seems to be
> working fine on my login that uses the US locale, but I have a login
> set up for
> Japanese locale

Did you install the latest locale for Japanese in kde3?

Martin

 and during the KDE3 startup I get a box saying that

Quote:> kbuildsycoca