Focus does NOT follow mouse

Post by Ian Hutchinso » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:55:22

Tried all the different settings of focus following mouse (strictly etc
...)
but all of them have a bug that the focus sometimes does not follow the
mouse in moving from one overlapping window to another. I'd estimate
that about once in 4 or so the focus stays in the previous window. There
is sort of a flash of the border color, but after the boundary is
crossed it has somehow flipped back to the old window and stays there
till you cross a window boundary again, or else click. This is such a
bad bug that I can't use kde. Has it been reported and fixed? Is there a
patch?

Ian Hutchinson

System

KDE 2.1

IBM T20 laptop

X:
vendor string:    The XFree86 Project, Inc
vendor release number:    3360
maximum request size:  4194300 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    2
supported pixmap formats:
    depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
    depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1024x768 pixels (347x260 millimeters)
  resolution:    75x75 dots per inch
  depths (1):    24