Adding DVD Drive

Post by Craig Cullu » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 04:24:12

Adding DVD Drive

Post by Andre Somer » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 04:11:15

> Hi,

> I want to add a icon on my desktop for my DVD drive, like i have for my CD
> Drive but when i add the link.

> But as i only have the options displayed but not my dvd drive i can mount
> it in bash but how do i add it to the device list in KDE so i can create
> an icon in KDE3

> Craig

Add it to your fstab file in your /etc directory.

Andr

Adding DVD Drive

Post by Craig Cullu » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 22:06:09

>> Hi,

>> I want to add a icon on my desktop for my DVD drive, like i have for my
>> CD Drive but when i add the link.

>> But as i only have the options displayed but not my dvd drive i can mount
>> it in bash but how do i add it to the device list in KDE so i can create
>> an icon in KDE3

>> Craig
> Add it to your fstab file in your /etc directory.

> Andr

Many Thanks

Craig

1. DVD SCSI burner, I want DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM

I've googled until I'm blue (would that be bluegled?) and I can't
find a DVD burner that has all of what I want.  These seem to be
what people like for Linux:

Ricoh MP5125A DVD+RW/+R, DVD-R, CD-R/-RW (OBSOLETE)
http://www.computervideogear.com/dvd-burners/ricoh-mp5125a.htm

NEC ND1100A DVD+RW/+R, DVD-R, CD-R/-RW (replaces above Ricoh)
http://www.computervideogear.com/dvd-burners/nec-nd-1100a.htm

HP DVD300i (DVD+RW/+R, CD-R/-RW)
http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_...
(watch the line wrap)

Pioneer DVR-A05 CD-R/RW, CD-RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD-ROM
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?...

All of the above units are EIDE.  Is there a SCSI DVD burner that
works with Linux?  My reason for wanting this is the wonderful
burning throughput I get with my SCSI CD burner.  I *NEVER* have
buffer underruns no matter how much else my system is doing.
I can even backup to my SCSI tape at the same time without
problems.  I'm nervous that an IDE burner will force me into
buffer underrun land.

Thanks....

2. RedHat6.0 and telnetd

3. Adding a Dvd drive but which one?

4. Linux Unleashed- NOT so bad!

5. Re. Problems adding tape drives to RS6000/220 Re: Problems adding tape drives to RS6000/220

6. System hangs during slackware installation

7. DVD: Is Toshiba SD-C2002 DVD drive supported in 2.2.6?

8. PPP to UUNET connection problem

9. DVD drives in laptops and DVD+-RW's

10. DVD: Can I install and run linux on a DVD drive?

11. Solaris, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RAM and UDF

12. Panasonic SW-9571 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM on Sun?

13. G3 DVD drive usable as CD drive?