KDE 3 problems :(

Post by Stijn Verrep » Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:24:54

I tried to add System monitor to the panel.  It gave a bug.  When I
restarted X I don't get my panel anymore :(.  It gives a bug right away.

Anyone else experienced this?  How can I get my panel back?

KDE 3 problems :(

Post by Fran » Wed, 17 Apr 2002 04:23:36

> I tried to add System monitor to the panel.  It gave a bug.  When I

Just added it, and removed it with no problem.

KDE 3 problems :(

Post by Howard Polloc » Wed, 17 Apr 2002 05:58:27

> I tried to add System monitor to the panel.  It gave a bug.  When I
> restarted X I don't get my panel anymore :(.  It gives a bug right away.

> Anyone else experienced this?  How can I get my panel back?

I get a crash as well. If anyone knows the cure, please let us know.
(Mandrake 8.2 system)

Thanks

Howard

KDE 3 problems :(

Post by Stijn Verrep » Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:25:48

I got mandrake 8.2 as well!
Quote:> > I tried to add System monitor to the panel.  It gave a bug.  When I
> > restarted X I don't get my panel anymore :(.  It gives a bug right away.

> > Anyone else experienced this?  How can I get my panel back?

> I get a crash as well. If anyone knows the cure, please let us know.
> (Mandrake 8.2 system)

KDE 3 problems :(

Post by Stijn Verrep » Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:19:06

Do you run Mandrake 8.2?
Quote:> > I tried to add System monitor to the panel.  It gave a bug.  When I

> Just added it, and removed it with no problem.

KDE 3 problems :(

Post by Matt Schwartzstei » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:19:45

Same problem, only I added kweather to the panel.  This morning, no panel,
and I had figured there was an easy way to start it again, but no dice.  I
tried simply running the command "kicker," but it just crashes.

> I tried to add System monitor to the panel.  It gave a bug.  When I
> restarted X I don't get my panel anymore :(.  It gives a bug right away.

> Anyone else experienced this?  How can I get my panel back?

1. Talk refused to talk:(:(:(:(

Hello there people:)...
  I had linux kernel 1.2.8 installed in my system. I have a SLIP/PPP
connection using either dip (for SLIP) or pppd/chat (for PPP).
  Now, Most of my network stuff are working fine without any problem at all
except talk. Talk works fine for local chatting. No problem at all. The
problem is when ever I call out to other machine (using the SLIP/PPP line),
nothing has ever happen. It got as far as Checking invitation stuff. Never
more.
  Just out of curiosity I ran netstate to check the udp connection whenever
I have talk running. Running locally (talk that is) I got output as follow:

Active Internet connections
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address          Foreign Address        (State)
User
udp        0      0 lucifer.newpaltz.:1328 *:*

Which I presumed opened by talk (only one here because the other side hadn't
responded to the call yet).  I also get the same thing whenever I call
someone outside my system to talk. Of course, it never got to the other
system (I was waiting on the other system using telnet for the talk request,
never got there. And I had made sure that mesg was y).

Now when I call *IN* from other system (telnet to another system and run
talk over there to my system), I have (on my system) output as follow:

Active Internet connections
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address          Foreign Address        (State)
User

And also from netstat -a, I could find talk/ntalk were still listening.
Seems to me the call from outside didn't get through.

Now, since I haven't done anything to configure talk specifically, is there
anything I have to do to make this connection possible. Since I can't talk
to outside nor can I receive talk request from other hosts, I'm under the
assumption that my talk program somehow is not configured properly.

Any configuration file I have to check?
man, faq, howto, etc to refer to this kind of error?
May be replace my talk/ntalk/talkd/ntalkd with something else and where to
find it/them?
Does it depend on something in the kernel that I have to enable during the
compile time?
Wrong version altogether with the kernel?
Is it possible that talk needs long time to make the connection? (None of my
other stuff that I know of behave like this).
May be my inetd is broken?
If so, how do I check for it?
And where to find the latest version of it?

And while I'm at it, what's the latest version of talk?
Where to find it?
Is there a better chatting program that's backward compatible with talk?
Meaning that the program has more features than talk but at the same time
can be used to communicate with other regular talk program whenever the
program is not available on the other host.

--
Send comment and reply to:

2. firewall with solaris 2.5

3. my trashed hard drive. :( :( :(

4. unzipping Communicator

5. My KDE got chicken pox. :(

6. About Message queues and multi-threading

7. KDE not working because my XFree86 wont do the thing i want :( (radeon 8500 card)

8. OpenBSD 3.0/PF troubles

9. Compiling kde 2.2 :(((

10. No Linux Fonts in Konsole after upgrading to KDE 2.2.1 :(

11. cant seem to install kde :(

12. inetd dies :(:(

13. Where is kde.debian.net or kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde ?