User KDE menu

Post by Paul Pygeo » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:15:02

Hi all,

I've read a lot about KDE menus but I can figure how to preserve my
personalized user KDE menu.

If I modified KDE menus with KMenuEdit (forget about MenuDrake), everything
is fine. But if I need to reboot, I lost my user modifications everytime,
because KDE make a backup of user KDE menus in my .kde/share/applnk
directory and erase all my settings.

I've try to remove permissions to my user applnk directory for avoid
writing. No more chance :(

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks
--
Mandrake 7.2 - Kernel 2.4.0
XFree 4.0.2

1. How to make menu entries available to all users (KDE 3)?

I am running KDE 3 on Redhat 7.3. When I install a program (manually),
I go to Menu Editor (K Menu Editor) to add a menu entry for my
application.

What happens is that when I logon as another user, my application
entry is not there. When adding menu entries to my K menu editor, how
do I create a global menu entry that can be visible by all my machine
users, not just me?

Thank you in advance,

Kerke
---

2. hidden fcntl() ?

3. KDE menus as user

4. FrontPage Server Extensions?

5. KDE menus reverses to english for 1 user

6. Problem with Diald

7. How can i customize kde menus for all users?

8. ATI CT & ADI 5v

9. KDE default menu suggestion (and distribution menu...)

10. put User Menu in a mouse pop-up menu in Gnome/Enlightenment?

11. RH7 & KDE 2.1 upgrade, No icons in kde menu

12. Shortcuts in KDE menu

13. "windows" Key and the KDE Menu