KDE loses New>Application menu and settings

KDE loses New>Application menu and settings

Post by oned » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I upgraded from 7.02 to 7.1 to get the benefit of the improvents in
KDE in the new version.  At first everything looked great and I had my
desktop configured exactly as I wanted it.  Then I tried some other
window managers: WindowMaker, Blackbox, and finally Gnome.  When I
went back to KDE all my settings were gone and defaulted back to the
original stock settings.  I even lost a link to an app that I put in
/usr/share/applnk/Applications.  What is more annoying, now when I
right-click on the desktop to create a new application link, the only
option I have is to create a new folder.  All the other options have
disappeared.
I have been looking at just about every possible file under .kde and
can find nothing to give me a clue.  I also can't figure out how/why
all of my settings would have been lost.

1. SLIP/PPP -->new kernel-->new compiler-->new make

Hello world!

I'm trying to install SLIP or PPP (made no choice yet, any tips?)
Therefore I needed a new kernel and tried to install 1.1.45.
To compile this I needed a new gcc version. I downloaded gcc 2.5.8, libc
4.5.26, binutils 1.9l.4 and tools 2.16.
I un-tar-ed them all and started to compile.
I now need gnu make 3.70 (in stead of 3.69) where can I find this?
I also have problems with libc.so.4, witch is linked to libc.so.4.4.4
It sais: desire minor version 514 and found 404
How do I solve this?
final question: Why isn't there a HOW-TO about these things?

I hope anyone can help me with this.

Greetings and thanx in advance,

Perjan Moors.

2. Windows 95

3. <<<Gateway, gated and setting up new groups....>>>

4. Greek Users

5. KDE menu items lost for root!

6. "usb-storage" and "ub" modules with usb floppy drive and usb flash key

7. kde - icon in applications 'start' menu

8. Diamond FireGL Pro

9. TCL applications don't run from kde menus

10. Lost my menu & desktop settings

11. Control Center loses menu after editing menu in menuDrake

12. How to include a new application in X menu

13. no k menu group with X-KDE-Basegroup=settings found!