Problems compiling kdegraphics cvs module on Mandrake 8.1 & 8.2

Problems compiling kdegraphics cvs module on Mandrake 8.1 & 8.2

Post by Dave » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:57:57

Hey

I have had some trouble compiling kdegraphics cvs version or the regular
source for that matter.I am running mandrake 8.2. ALso I have compile
arts, kdelibs and kdebase with no problems. But kdegraphics seems to be
giving me a whole heap of trouble.
below is part of the error i get

/usr/include/kstdaction.h:175: warning: control reaches end of non-void function `KStdAction::stdName(...)'
kooka.cpp: At top level:
kooka.cpp:418: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
make[3]: *** [kooka.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dave/kdegraphics/kooka'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dave/kdegraphics/kooka'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dave/kdegraphics'
make: *** [all] Error 2

1. Mandrake 8.1 & 8.2 install problems

All,

    Apologies in advance for the cross-post.

Basically, I am getting the "there was an error installing <package>.
continue?" message during the package installation.  From what I can see,
this is happening with just about every package I'm installing.  It happens
with both Mandrake 8.1 and today with 8.2 (I have since got shot of the 8.1
CDs).  When the installation gets to the point where it asks for the 2nd CD,
it crashes and reboots.  It then mentioned something about being out of
memory or at least mentioned memory.

A search of group.google.com would seem to suggest this could be a problem
with the CDs themselves... I bought mine from linuxemporium.co.uk - where
does that leave me?

Can anyone recommend why this has anything to do with memory and a possible
fix?  I have a Dell PIII 450 machine, 16GB drive (installing Linux on a 5GB
partition, past the 1024 cylinder) and 256MB RAM.

Help!

TIA,

Alex

--
Alex Procopiou
Byzantine Internet Services

2. Looking for (simple) Deskttop Publishing system

3. LPRng printing problems with Mandrake 8.2 - worked in 8.1

4. reading/writing the raw ehternet

5. Mandrake 8.1/8.2 on Compaq laptop

6. LILO with Win95/Norton Antivirus -- any problems?

7. Mandrake 8.1 -> 8.2 Upgrade

8. mount < 2.10r conflicts with kernel-2.2.19-6.2.1 ?!

9. SuSE 8.1 & 8.2

10. Q(newbie): ISDN & MDK 8.1/8.2

11. mandrake 8.2 & dyndns.org & netopia dsl modem & linksys router

12. ANNOUNCE: TkMan 2.1b3 for Tcl/Tk 8.1 and 8.2

13. SuSE 8.1 and 8.2 not remembering passwords in KDE