Aliases in kmail

Post by Zsolt Koppan » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:51:04

Hi,

I have just upgraded to kde-2.2.2 and consider to use KMail instead of
netscape. I like Kmail, the only think I miss is an inteligent alias
support like in netscape.
In netscape when I define an alias for "peter" it is enough when I enter
"pe" and netscape already provides me the name "peter" and I just have to
hit ENTER to take the address.
Is something similar possible in KMail?

Zsolt

--
Zsolt Koppany
Intland GmbH www.intland.com

Aliases in kmail

Post by Michael Haecke » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:40:27

> I have just upgraded to kde-2.2.2 and consider to use KMail instead of
> netscape. I like Kmail, the only think I miss is an inteligent alias
> support like in netscape.
> In netscape when I define an alias for "peter" it is enough when I enter
> "pe" and netscape already provides me the name "peter" and I just have to
> hit ENTER to take the address.
> Is something similar possible in KMail?

KMail can do auto completion for addresses that are in the address book or
were recently used. Right click on the To header to select the preferred
method.
Real aliases are only supported in the deveopment version.

Regards,
Michael H?ckel

Aliases in kmail

Post by Sim » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 04:52:43

> KMail can do auto completion for addresses that are in the address book
> or were recently used. Right click on the To header to select the
> preferred method.

But it is rather stupidly case sensitive!
Sim

1. kmail and local aliases

I would like to set up some personal mail aliases using kmail from KDE
1.1.2 which is configured to use SMTP. It doesn't seem to process the
.mailrc file and it is not using the aliases I set up there. How can I
do it? Does the kmail in KDE2 have this feature, if it does, that may
be a strong reason to go to the next beta of KDE2.

I'm running KDE 1.1.2 at work for stability reasons and I have been
using KDE 2 at home and that is seeming pretty stable at the moment,
too. Getting this feature may be enough to put me over the edge.

--
Barry D. Benowitz - FAQ maintainer for alt.lefthanders

Phone:+1 609 866 1000 x3354
Snail:Telesciences Inc, 4000 Midlantic Dr., Mt. Laurel, NJ, 08054-5476

2. HP Colorado T1000

3. aliases in Kmail

4. Problems with Netscape Communicator on Redhat Linux

5. KMail "aliases" or "distribution lists"

6. Modem Speed in Linux

7. aliases, aliases, aliases...

8. File Man

9. script alias problem - Re: apache alias and script alias problem

10. KMail - configuring the message list fields KMail

11. listing aliases w/o /etc/aliases

12. SB Live Value...alias char-major-14 is alias'd twice ???

13. sendmail: unknown member map aliases.aliases