kde & kdm default color depth

Post by tp » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to set the default color depth for kdm to 16bpp?
I have been starting X from the command prompt with startx -- -bpp 16,
but I can't find the script that initializes kde from kdm and am only
getting about 256 colours which looks terrible.
I am using rh6.0 hedwig with their supplied version of kde.
tia!
Tony.

1. Default color depth & Blackbox WM

First off, I thought I had my Xserver running with 24-bit color as the
default.  When I run xdpyinfo, it tells me that the default visual is
0x20 (which in the list is an 8-bit visual).  Does this in fact mean
that I'm running in 8-bit mode as default?  I've tried starting my
Xsun with "defdepth 24" and "defclass TrueColor", both give the same
xdpyinfo as running Xsun plain.  Am I reading it wrong?

(U30,C3D)

This was brought on by me trying to get BlackBox Window Manager to run
on my machine.  I can login to my machine from another box (16-bit
color is default as shown by xdpyinfo) and blackbox works fine.  If I
login on the console, blackbox's colors are all funky and distorted
(can't read anything).  Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Thanks!

--Dan

2. Lexmark USB problem solved ;)

3. xdm, kdm colour depth Banshee??

4. Results of DUMPEL>EXE - 2 extra columns & ACCESS DENIED

5. Default Color Depth

6. How to create /dev/fd0

7. How to setup default color depth in X?

8. Partition problem and D druid

9. Changing default color depth.

10. Changing Default Color Depth in RH 6

11. default color depth on Sol2.6/SPARC?

12. Changing the default color depth...

13. Default color depth