Konqueror problems playing wav files

Post by Ton » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 02:22:44

Running Konqueror from Mandrake's KDE 2.2 packages, I can't get it to
play wav files.  Whenever I click on a wav file, the player I chose
comes up, but nothing happens.  After some investigation, I found that
the file I clicked is beind downloaded to
/home/myuser/.kde/share/apps/kfmexec/tmp/(somefilename)  However, as
soon as the file is finished downloading (before the player has a
chance to play it), it dissapears from the file system.  It seems that
Konqueror is deleting it as soon as it finishes downloading, and the
player never gets a chance to see it.  Does anybody know how to fix
this?

Tony

1. Can't use 'play' to play .wav file

Hi,
        I am using Sound Blaster Compatible card. I found that I can hear
sound while I redirected the .au or .wav files to /dev/audio. However, I
can't use the 'play' file to play .wav files. The error message is as
follow :

Playing: sample.wav (full-song)
Mono-Sample, speed: 22050 Hz, 8 Bit per Sample
Invalid audio buffer size

        Do you know what the problem is?
        (I am using Linux 1.0 and my machine is 486DX2-66. )
        Thanks.

-Patrick

2. Server Admin Tools

3. I can play CD but fail to play .wav

4. jumpstart installation on solaris x86

5. PAS16/NEC CDR84 not playing .wav files properly

6. Problem with Diamond Technlogies sound card

7. Any C/C++ code to swho How to play a WAV and AVI files in Linux?

8. ADMIN!!! UR"GENT!!!

9. Soundcard play *.au and *.wav files, but not from CD rom

10. Playing mp3 or wav files on a Sun Sparc

11. Running shell scripts and playing wav files

12. wavplay 1.0 - Play/Record *.wav files with xltwavplay

13. WAV files -- convert or play?