LDAP Auto Completion of Addresses in Kmail

LDAP Auto Completion of Addresses in Kmail

Post by Carsten Schlip » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 07:47:57

Hi all,

my greatest hope with KDE 3.1 was, that it will be possible to auto-complete
addresses in the 'to' field like it is possible with addresses in kab.
Somehow like it works with Mozilla Mail or MS Outlook.

I tried everything I was able to find. There is a control module in control
center KDE Components -> Address Book, where I've added my LDAP server, but
I haven't found out which effect this has.

I added the LDAP server in KAddressbook, but there I have to use a separate
search dialog to find addresses (for me more a dirty workaround than a real
integration).

But I can't figure out how to use LDAP for auto-completing addresses in
Kmails 'to' field although I have found some pages with google, where it is
claimed that it should work. However I haven't found a page that tells me
how to do that.

Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot.

Carsten

1. Kmail - Composer Auto-Completion

Hello all,

Is there anyway I could make Kmail work like Outlook Express on Windows? I
mean...when you start entering the email address in the *To:* field...then
the list box appears with the complete email... I would like to hit TAB and
then jump to the *Subject* field...  The way it is now...you start typing
and if the auto-completion feature appears...you have to use the down arrow
key to select it ...breaking you hands positions if you are a typer like me
:)

I've been reading the help file but haven't find anything so far.

Thanks in advance,
Jos

2. redirect child output in another xterm window

3. Auto tab completion

4. RedHat 3.0.3 portmap spawning like guppies.

5. problem with 2.4.x of auto-completion (and more)

6. Mandrake 8.1 and Alcatel USB ADSL modem

7. Auto file name completion with "ESC" key?

8. Setting up PPP routing with no routing (Huh?)

9. problem with ls, auto-completion functions on mounted disk with 2.4.x kernels

10. Auto Completion of Ksh Commands

11. 2.4.x kernel and auto-completion command

12. Auto tab completion

13. kde 3.1b2 kmail and ldap