Patch for autoconfig in kdebase

Post by Donn Mille » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Basically, the development version of kdebase (obtained through
cvsup) does not check in $extra_lib or $extra_include for libpng.  Right
now, it only checks in $all_libraries and $all_includes.  It does not
detect that I have libpng installed, because mine is in /usr/local and not
/usr/X11R6 like the $all_libraries variable points to.

So, here's a patch for acinclude.m4 and aclocal.m4 that will fix
this.  (Attached as a diff.)

Also, kdebase has a problem compiling on FreeBSD, specifically
kdesu/common/process.cpp.  FreeBSD declares execv() in <unistd.h> as

int execv(const char *path, char *const argv[])

So, on line 223 of kdesu/common/process.cpp, the second argument to
execv() needs to be typecast as follows:

execv(path, (char *const *) argp);

in order to compile on FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT.  I don't know if this is the
best solution or not, but it did compile for me after the fix.  I guess we
need a macro there or something.  It may be my compiler, too, because I'm
using gcc 2.95.2.

- Donn

  kdebase_ac.diff
< 1K Download