num lock

Post by David Baxte » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 14:17:28

Hi everyone,

I still using KDE 1 (yet to move properly to KDE 2) and was wondering
whether anyone knew how to have my Number Lock on when I start KDE. I
have somewhere set for the num lock to be on at startup, but it goes off
when KDE starts.

I've no probs using it when I press it, but just want it to be
automatic.

Thanks

Dave

ps I've got a IBM enhanced keyboard, so if any one knows how to get all
those extra buttons working in Linux like they do in Win98 I'd be pretty
happy also.

thanx

num lock

Post by fudo.. » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

search freshmeat for numlock or numlockx, download, compile and put it
in .xinitrc
- Alan

Quote:> Hi everyone,

> I still using KDE 1 (yet to move properly to KDE 2) and was wondering
> whether anyone knew how to have my Number Lock on when I start KDE. I
> have somewhere set for the num lock to be on at startup, but it goes
off
> when KDE starts.

> I've no probs using it when I press it, but just want it to be
> automatic.

> Thanks

> Dave

> ps I've got a IBM enhanced keyboard, so if any one knows how to get
all
> those extra buttons working in Linux like they do in Win98 I'd be
pretty
> happy also.

> thanx

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Modem TX and RX status via Num Lock-Caps Lock-Scroll Lock

'Netters,

A time ago someone asked about implementing their Num Lock, Caps Lock,
and Scroll Lock keyboard lights as a modem transmit and receive status
indicator.

Has anyone accomplished this?  If so, is the code at an archive site?

-Rod
--
-----------
If you yell try : Rod Troch                  | Zeta Beta Tau

Pgp key available upon request.              | happyHappy joyJoy
         Don't mess with TEXAS. (Lonestar - A Linux box)

2. netscape4.03, __eprintf not found

3. CAPS lock and NUM lock

4. copying contents of a hard drive to anther drive?

5. Num Lock key locks dtwm

6. Java Applet Security problems

7. Reset Keyboard? (caps lock/num lock)

8. How do I extract a TAR archive?