KFM standalone?

Post by Viktor Haa » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I'm trying to run without KDE now, just a window
manager. However, I really like KDE as a simple file/web
browser. Can I run it so that it *doesn't* start up the "desktop"
level of stuff?

(Sorry if this question has recently been answered...)

--
Viktor Haag                            Senior Technical Writer, RIM
"Well, after she impaled me with a twobyfour, things changed alot."

KFM standalone?

Post by David Faur » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> I'm trying to run without KDE now, just a window
> manager. However, I really like KDE as a simple file/web
> browser. Can I run it so that it *doesn't* start up the "desktop"
> level of stuff?

> (Sorry if this question has recently been answered...)

kfm -d
or
kfm -w. Can't remember.
It's in the help files, if you want to check there before trying
the 26 letters of the alphabet for the option :-)

--
David Faure

1. Standalone Standalone GNU readline

Hi,

I'm trying to build a standalone libreadline.a to build into the ftp from
NetKit-B-0.06.

The only libreadline.a I have been able to find so far is buried in
bash-1.14.5.  Had to make some minor adjustments to the Makefile to install
the appropriate stuff in /usr/lib and /usr/include.   Am still getting
unresolved externals, when ftp links.  Shouldn't be too hard to carve the
missing routines out of bash.  But may not be worth the trouble if someone has
already done it.

--

Technology and Training      505/281-1122
10580 S. Hwy 14

2. ELF

3. Standalone: Turning Solaris 2.4 machine into standalone

4. Linux-activists

5. Something is broken in X/kfm : major opcode 12 error when kfm is launched

6. readlink in /proc w/ overlong path

7. "ERROR: KFM is not running" when starting kedit, kview from kfm

8. Compare Unices?

9. No javascript in kfm with kde-1.1.2 (kfm-1.167.2.21)

10. Something is broken in X/kfm : major opcode 12 error when kfm is launched

11. Setting up PPP on a stand-alone PC

12. Looking for a standalone IP package

13. is there a way to use verisign certificates with tomcat as a stand-alone server?