Open an xterm at kde start up in desktop N°3

Open an xterm at kde start up in desktop N°3

Post by rama » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 06:14:58

Hello,

1) I'm searching to open xterm, when start kde. I want this xterm in the
third desktop.
2) After i'd like to open xmm, and start it in the second desktop

please help

Post by Kevin Kramme » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 00:45:14

> Hello,

> 1) I'm searching to open xterm, when start kde. I want this xterm in
> the third desktop.
> 2) After i'd like to open xmm, and start it in the second desktop

You start the programs where you like them, then logout and check the
"save session" option.
Unless you do that again with a different session, it will come up
everytime you login.

Kevin

--

Student at Graz University of Technology
http://www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/v/voyager

Post by Robert_ » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 20:03:22

> Hello,

> 1) I'm searching to open xterm, when start kde. I want this xterm in the
> third desktop.
> 2) After i'd like to open xmm, and start it in the second desktop

> please help

kstart --help for details
ex.
In ~/.kde/Autostart (make this shell script executable obviously)
==================
#!/bin/bash
kstart --desktop 3 xterm
==================
Supply the full path if that doesn't work.
Hmm, doesn't seem to work here for xmms.
You could open xmms on desktop 2 and log out choosing "restore settings . ."
(Actually you could do the same for xterm)

HTH
Robert_L
--
Linux Mandrake release 8.0 (Traktopel) for i586
Kernel 2.4.12   XFree86 4.1.0

1. Ytree Error opening terminal: xterm.Error opening terminal: xterm.

I installed ytree and got this error message:
Error opening terminal: xterm. Any idea's? The default installation is
linux, with nurses dependency (which I have). I modified the ytree.conf,
then copied it to both /root & /home directories. It failed to run in both
X and shell envirnments, with the same error message. I tried several
global TERM=bla...bla.. with no help.

I still use Xtree under dos and having ytree working would be a great
tool for my limited CLI skills.

TIA..

ezrsch                                    __  __     ____  ___       ___ ____

                                        /   / \  / / / / /__ /  \/ /___  /

2. GDB--How to print ip register instruction mnemonics

3. KDE: starting job on specific desktop

4. Xinetd and message logging.

5. Cannot Start KDE desktop PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

6. Patching 3.0 with minimal code

7. KDE: starting job on specific desktop

8. Apache+Tomcat+JBoss Error (No Context configured to process this request)

9. KDE opens more and more Xterms each time!

10. xterm probs-redhat 6, can't start apps through kde or gnome

11. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

12. xterm, run a process, keep xterm open

13. xterm: how to open a new xterm and run telnet