klyx

Post by j.. » Sat, 12 May 2001 22:24:25

>> Does anyone know where there is a good working version
>> of klyx for KDE 1 on RedHat Linux 6.2?  Thanks.

>Whats about KLyX-0.10.0 from ftp.kde.org?

>As I put that out, you should condsider using LyX;-() Or look at the
>KDE2 klyx efforts --- whatever end you wanna delf into;-))

I see no reason for needing a K version of Lyx, unless there
is some special feature that has crept in. I use regular Lyx under KDE
with no problem. Conversely I have used some KDE distribution programs under
fvwm95 (e.g., Kppp) with no problem. There seems to be less here than meets
the eye :-) Regular Lyx is the safest bet no matter what your desktop choice.

John Culleton

1. KLyX install

So I successfully compiled KLyX 0.9.9 (I'm running KDE 1.1, RH 5.2) and then
installed NTeX 2.3.2 (was it a mistake to install them in this order?) and now
KLyX can't seem to be able to find LaTeX.  e.g. When I try to export as
postscript I'm told "LaTeX did not work. Missing log file."

Also I do not have any LaTeX man or commands.

Perhaps I didn't fully install NTeX. Is there something more I need to do,
beyond what is instructed by NTeX readmes, etc.?

Thanks.

2. Can't shutdown

3. Problem with KLyx and KDE 1.1.1

4. G200?

5. KDE2rc2 Caused Klyx Broken Dependency

6. Keepalive directive... Does it work?

7. klyx & display special characters

8. GNU tar question - beginner

9. Klyx-0.10.0