Debug key mappings in kdevelop

Post by Rob Yampolsk » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:19:02

Any reason why the function key mappings in kdevelop and kdbg don't match?

F5-Run, F10-step over, etc.  are pretty common (i.e. - that's what VC++
and kdbg use).

Kdevelop doesn't seem to have any debugging commands mapped to function
keys.  I tried, and was able to map some, but F5 has a default
connection to some bookmarking function.  I tried disabling that, but it
still won't let me map it to Run.  Funny, because I did the same thing
with F9 and F10, and it let me do those...

Rob Yampolsky

1. mapping sparc keys to x86 keys in cde (sun faq 1543-02)

I am trying to map the F9 key on my x86 keyboard so that it
behaves like the "FRONT" key on my sun R6 keyboard.

There is a FAQ on access1.sun.com, Document ID: 1543-02, which
gives an explanation of how to do it.

I am running Solaris 2.4, with CDE 1.01 installed. When I
follow the directions in the FAQ in the openwin environment,
everything behaves as expected, i.e. the F9 key behaves like
the FRONT key.

However, when I use CDE, the F9 key (indeed, none of the other
remapped keys) fails to behave like the FRONT key. When
I run xev (in /usr/openwin/demo), I notice that there's nothing
different about the keycodes in the openwin and cde environments -
F9 is always keycode 127 (keysym 0xffcc), so I don't really
understand why the FAQ doesn't work under CDE too.

Can anyone help me with this world-shattering problem?

is all.
Mike O'Connor
Optical Image Processing Lab, Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Queen's University at Kingston, Ontario, Canada

2. NFS mounting NT filesystem in SUN Solaris box.

3. Mapping keys other than the function keys

4. Unix Project Leader and Programmers

5. Mapping SUN's F12 key to as400 F12 key

6. Xfree vs MS Windows speed ?

7. Mapping two key sequences to one key?

8. Mail to files

9. Konsole and <ins> <del> keys

10. Ins key in ncurses applications?

11. Debug multithreaded applications with Kdevelop 2.1.3

12. kdevelop: I don't able to debug

13. Remote debugging using KDevelop 3.0 (Gideon)