PAM module build for AIX 4.3.3

Post by Ben Pie » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:16:09

Hello,

I am trying to build the pam_ldap library for AIX 4.3.3.  It seems to
want to see the /usr/include/security/pam_modules.h file on the
system.  This file is part of the bos.adt.include fileset for AIX
5.1.3 but it doesn't see to be part of the 4.3.3 bos.adt.include
fileset.  Any suggestions of how I can proceed?  Has anyone tried to
do this before?

Thanks very much,

Ben Piela

1. building modules in AIX

Hi,
I am trying to build load modules on AIX (4.3.3) and am having various
problems using both ld and makeC++SharedLib

  From the Makefile in $TCLDIST/unix/dltests, I tried the following
command to build the module.

$TCLDIST/unix/ldAix /bin/ld -bhalt:4 -bM:SRE -bE:lib.exp -H512 -T512  \
    -bnoentry  -L$TCLDIST/unix -ltcl8.0 -ldl -lm -lbsd -lc -lC example.o\
     example_tcl.o -o example_tcl.so

where example.o is a C++ object file
       example_tcl.o is a object file generated using swig .. this
contains all the TCL wrappers and functions required to build the module
(http://www.swig.org)

I used xlC to build both the .o files.

when I try to load example_tcl.so in TCL, it dies with an "illegal
instruction" error.

If I replace the /bin/ld with makeC++SharedLib, it core dumps with a
segfault.

If somebody can give me the sequence of steps to make a load module for
TCL in AIX (from c/c++ code) I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

- narayan

PS: I am having exactly the same set of problems building the modules
for perl

2. PLEASE HELP ME ftp server problems

3. Module deps when building stacked module outside of kernel source tree

4. array elements

5. Can't Build Kernel Module on V5.1A - no Module created

6. ?? ldconfig:warning can't unlink /usr/X11R6/lib (Operation not permitted)

7. Running Software built on/for AIX 4.3.3 on AIX 5.x

8. Windows uptimes - pathetic

9. how to use nss-modules for pam ?

10. PAM module for LDAP?

11. Looking for PAM (Pluggable Authentication Module) for Solaris

12. PAM module for S/KEY (OPIE)?

13. Non-root PAM authentication module available