?Licensing issues? RSA/SSLeay internals

Post by Tim Dier » Tue, 12 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>I have a copy of the SSLeay library that uses several patented algorithms.
>To use this package (including SSH) in the US legally, it's my
>understanding you need several licenses from the various patent
>holders / or agents there of.

To use an RSAREF-based product for personal, noncommercial use, no
additional licensing is required; the free noncommercial use license
applies. To sell a RSAREF-based product, a license is required; this
license is available from Consensus Development. Contact

Best,
 - Tim

--

Hastening the heat-death of the universe since 1968.

Post by schla.. » Fri, 15 Mar 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Does anyone know the path of the yellow brick road through the thicket?

> I have a copy of the SSLeay library that uses several patented algorithms.
> To use this package (including SSH) in the US legally, it's my
> understanding you need several licenses from the various patent
> holders / or agents there of.

> A salesman at RSA has been less than helpful regarding what's necessary,
> (RSAREF), or who else to talk to, and the costs?

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks.
> --

> Curt Smith

RSA DSI used to have a license agreement on its web page, www.rsa.com.
Is it satisfactory?  I'd be interested in hearing about any
difficulties you might have.

Roger

1. RSA Licensing with SSLeay?

I'm looking into using SSL on an Apache system.  The SSLeay package is
free...but there seems to be a requirement to license RSA for
commercial use if it is on a US site.
Is there another SSL package for Apache that avoids this...or a way to
avoid any license issues with SSLeay?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Term 116 Problem

3. SSLeay-0.9.0b RSA question

4. Toshiba Tecra 8000 Video Problem

5. Apache with mod_ssl - RSA licensing and the like

6. window manager / desktop ????

7. Put the internals back in comp.unix.internals!

8. IVR and Fax on demand system using Linux

9. Licensing issues when using Linux

10. Licensing Issues in RTLinux and RTAI

11. Any progress with M-Systems Disk on Chip driver license issues?

12. Sun Workshop 5.0 Developer Release licensing issue!

13. C Version 4.4 license issue