Position: Policy & Planning - Security Specialist -- TORONTO!!
"The Security Specialist, Policy and Planning" will develop, implement
and maintain security policies,
standards and procedures that support Wireless information processing
objectives in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
* Develop and implement security policies for the company's,
data, application and technology environments.
* Develop processes and procedures to support the efficient and
cost-effective implementation of the company's security
policies and ensure that relevant security processes become part of
of the system development, operational support and change/problem
* Develop, in conjunction with other technical areas, processes
and procedures for technical security standards to ensure
compliance with the company's security policies.
* Research industry standards and state-of-the-art technology
developments to ensure the company's security Policies and
standards remain current
* Develop methodology on how to create and maintain an
enterprise-wide security program and supporting business, tactical
and operational plans
* Formulate mitigation strategies and recommend methodologies to
be used by business areas or projects to conduct threat/risk
assessments and business impact analysis
* Participate in the planning, acquisition and implementation of
security technologies in accordance with the company's technology
* Provide input to the development of physical security policies
and Human Resource guidelines
* Assists with internal/external security audits and threat/risk
assessments to ensure compliance with security policies, standards
and procedures, and work with business/technical/operational areas
in taking corrective actions on any identified security exposures
* Provide policy advice and guidance on security requirements of
various corporate projects
* Develop methodology for contingency and business resumption
planning and assist business/technical/operational areas in the
creation and maintenance of contingency/business resumption plans
and incident response/escalation procedures for any security
* Assist in the development and implementation of the company's
awareness program and communication strategies
* Provide liaisons with internal/external security committees,
vendors, business partners and/or other third parties regarding
policy-related security requirements or contractual issues
* Provide mentorship, guidance and training to junior members of
the Technology Security team
* Min 4-5 yrs relative experience . North American experience is
* Extensive knowledge of information security principles and
* Good understanding of security controls/mechanisms and
threat/risk assessment techniques pertaining to complex
* Extensive experience in security analysis and security policy
development in a technology environment.
* Good understanding of security standards, protocols and
technologies available for the UNIX and
* WindowsNT/2000 based Internet e-Business and m-Commerce
* Experience in developing business cases and requests for
proposals for technology acquisitions and presenting
recommendations to senior management.
* Experience in developing and testing contingency and business
* Experience in vendor management and contract management.
* Highly organized, analytical, detail and action oriented.
* Strong planning, facilitation, communication, negotiation and
* Information Systems Security certification a definite asset.
* University Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Business or
* Security clearance required.
***Excellent Salary for the right individual***
The position has to be filled soon. So please forward resume URGENTLY
with brief covering letter outlining
Note: Pls provide more than 1 contact number so as to reach you easily.
Min. 4-5 years relative experience is a must have for this position.